2nd Car Citroen DS3 2012 - sold without Spare wheel, jack, wheel brace or emergency repair kit.

WarrenBuffet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just returned from helping a family friend out this evening, she was stranded at road side with puncture, and no spare wheel, car jack, wheel brace or emergency puncture repair kit in the car.The car was the lady's first and she bought on the basis of colour and because it was cute, in other words the car dealer saw her coming and quickly worked out she was not aware of what to look for when buying a car.

So, tonight in pouring rain and in the dark at the side of the road I had to give her and her son a lift and abandon her car at roadside.Before, I call the 2nd hand car dealer tomorrow, I want to calm down abit and seek the advice of CAG on this matter. I understand that many cars are no longer sold with spare tyres/wheels and a foam repair kit is often supplied, but this car I now know is supposed to be supplied with a spare wheel as the deep hole in the boot suggests.

There is no tools present/supplied to jack the car and nor is there a wheel brace.Am I correct in thinking that legally these should have been supplied? What course of action would you recommend?Thanks as always for any help offered.

I don't think it's a legal requirement. My BMW had run flats, the only thing in the boot was the locking wheel nut key.

Don't be fooled by the spare wheel space either. The car would have been designed with one, and some countries may well require a spare.

I would expect the car should either have had run flats fitted or a can of foam stuff.

Certainly talk to the dealer, but don't go in too heavy handed, perhaps make a call first to see what they come.with and go from there.

This is from the DS owners club, looks like they don't all get one!

"

So the ds3 has no spare wheel!

So the ds3 has no spare wheel .and only the repair kit that I'm not kean about I would like to know if any Steel wheel fits as a back up .would a saxo or 106 or similar fit for a space saver or get me home?

"