Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: Sole Trader VAT

Arrow Sole Trader VAT

Hi
    I am self-employedand VAT registered, my certificate says my name followed by my trading name.
    I am now venturing in to a new industry, totally differentto the one my normal line of self-employment is in.
    I still have to charge VAT? It will be alittle suspicious for customers if for example they were being charged VAT on atree surgery job but the vat name was a motor trading company (That is just anexample, not my lines of work).
    Do I just get theHMRC to amend my trading name to simply my name? Is that possible? Or do I needa new number? I looked online but couldnot find anything relevant.
    Cheers
    J

Default Re: Sole Trader VAT

Better call them.
    Vat dpt is quite accommodating, so probably they'll let you change the trading name without a new application.