motorcycle entitlement

zetec63
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just noticed my motorbike entitlement has been taken off my licence!.

I passed my test in march 1982 but DVLA says they have no record of this!!!!!.

Christ cant make this up.

They said i have to send a letter to DACT in swansea, anyone else had this issue?.

Im 56 and they are asking to provide details of pass.

help please.

have you still got your old paper licence or and old licence that listed the category?

if so send a copy of that.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have you still got your old paper licence or and old licence that listed the category?

if so send a copy of that.

No!, unfortunately.

I only found out as i was going to test ride a bike and dealership informed me that i had no entitlement jus a trike one.

Im raging.

they store our records!!, surely thats their job!!

Start off by sending a SAR to the DVLA.

Have you ever been prosecuted for any driving offences? If so, when and what was the penalty? This might be a route into tracing your driving licence.

Start off by sending a SAR to the DVLA.

Have you ever been prosecuted for any driving offences? If so, when and what was the penalty? This might be a route into tracing your driving licence.

Nope squeaky clean.

going to contact MSP and MP,

NOT LETTING THIS GO.

WHAT ELSE HAVE THEY LOST????.

Insurance?

If you ever had one, did you have to send a copy of your licence and/or licence number?

They usually keep records for 6 years, so maybe you could get a copy from them or if they checked the licence record with DVLA, the extract of it.

Another way could be to contact the driving school if they're still in business.

Ive recentley got my advanced pcv license. Before i sent it off to the DVLA

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

sorry to say this is actually quite common and the DVLA will always say they are right and that is that.

When I renew my licence after 10 years I say I have lost the expired one rather than sending it back so I have proof of entitlement. However, in one caseon here years ago even that wanst good enough

Although the suggestions may help other viewers of the thread, it does not help the OP who has already lost entitlement on their licence.

The only way beyond what has been suggested, SAR request etc would be:-

a) if you have ever hired a vehicle, especially motorcycle, the hire company may have a photocopy on file.

b) if you have ever been employed in a position where you drove company vehicles, the employer may have a photocopy on file.

c) If you have committed an endorseable offence, DVLA can be directed to that date frame to search records (more specific than a SAR request).

d) If you have had a claim on insurance, the company may have a photocopy on file.

Unfortunately there is no magic bullet to direct you to a successful outcome. Sorry.:ballchain:

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you