Marquis Motorhomes Customers beware

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Join our Facebook group as well – https://www.facebook.com/groups/507948263036905/

There is a Facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1655444494741569/ which is set up for people to share their marquis motorhome experiences – but in fact there are a lot of people complaining about the way they have been treated.

They won't give you the help and support and advice that we do here – but you may well want to go and join them in order to share your experiences.

Thank you so much for that information regarding the 30 day period, we are putting together some bullet points, I don't feel capable of handling this process myself so we have decided to take the case to a legal firm, it will of course be a long haul procedure, these are very nasty people and I don't expect a quick resolution, I thought it was ridiculous to deny us the right to escalate the problem to their head office, if they are so sure they are in the right you would think they would be happy to confirm it with their Senior Managers. The world is full of sharks

I am not sure who are the biggest sharks. Marquis or solicitors!

Is the motorhome on HP? If it is on HP then your contract is with the finance house and not Marquis as the finance house has supplied the vehicle. In addition, if the finance house do not want to help or are obstructive, the matter can be escalated to the Financial Ombudsman therefore it is very essential that you keep everything in writing and keep a diary with dates etc. Refuse to discuss anything with the finance house or Marquis on the phone unless you are recording the conversation and then advise them that it is being recorded. You could also tell this in writing that if they phone the conversation will be recorded.

We took on the dealer and the finance house without the help of a solicitor as most solicitors are not experienced in Consumer Law preferring the easy straight forward stuff so you really have to be very choosy if using solicitors. Our worst advice came from Citizens Advice Bureau who suggested we should accept their ridiculous offer however you need to make them aware of the issue to escalate it to Trading Standards for a prosecution. We got a full refund plus compensation from the finance house by doing it ourselves.

You can get a lot of help from various members on this forum who have been through the process and won!

Thank you so much for that information regarding the 30 day period, we are putting together some bullet points, I don't feel capable of handling this process myself so we have decided to take the case to a legal firm, it will of course be a long haul procedure, these are very nasty people and I don't expect a quick resolution, I thought it was ridiculous to deny us the right to escalate the problem to their head office, if they are so sure they are in the right you would think they would be happy to confirm it with their Senior Managers. The world is full of sharks

Please will you email me on our admin email address and put "marquis motorhomes" in the subject line.

If you would include some contact details, that would be handy.