Npower sending letters to my adress even though i am not their customer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over the last 4years I have been receiving letters from N Power at my address, but for the previous occupants. As I used to be an Npower customer I have opened a couple of these thinking they were my bills etc. and have found that the previous owner of my house is getting gas and electricity supplied to another address,but having all correspondence sent to my address still.

I have tried contacting Npower dozens of times to stop this and every time they have said it will stop,but it never has. About 18 months ago they offered me £20 credit as compensation/goodwill gesture onto my account for the hassle it has caused. I have now left Npower and changed supplier yet despite their most recent promises I am still receiving mail to my address for this other account.

Last night I called Npower again and once again explained the situation. I am now told that as I am not the account holder, that they cannot do anything and that they will keep sending mail to my address. I have explained that I am worried that somebody could be racking a debt up against my address and that if they are, that they could end up sending bailiffs etc. round to my house.

Is thereanything I can do, or do I just have to accept that these clowns will continuesending me somebody elses mail.

Edited by Andyorch
Paras/typos

I would start off by making a formal complaint to the energy regulator. Do this by contacting Npower, registering the complaint and telling them that they have eight weeks before the company must then be escalated to the regulator.

This probably won't make any difference to Npower and the energy regulator is such a wimp that no action will probably be taken there either – but you may as well start rocking the boat a bit because it won't cost you anything.

Secondly, check your credit file and see whether there are any markers in respect of you or your address or any associations.

Come back here

I will email Npower a complaint and copy in Ofgem.

I have checked my credit score and its as I would expect to see. There doesn't look to be any markers against the property, but it still worries me, that there could be in the future.

I'm afraid that copying in the regulator will not help the rule is that the firm must be given eight weeks to resolve the problem. Get it going with Npower

I solved a similar problem by sending back the mail to the CEO.

I crossed off the name on the envelope and marked with CEO name and address.

At the back I would write something accordingly to my mood, sometimes "have a good day wasting paper and postage", some other times a bit more direct "Dear Mr xxx xxx, in case you run out of loo roll I thought I sent you this"

It all stopped very soon and I got an apology letter from the CEO.

Not that I wanted one, but nevertheless...