style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was accused of stealing in primark a week ago and i got caught by the security guard.

Unfortunately i had my ID card with me on that day and my bank card .

He got my name and my date of birth and he asked for my address, but i was so scared that my mom would find out so i gave a wrong address to them.

There was no police involved, only the security guard was there and 15 mins they let me go saying that they will send a letter to the address i gave to them to pay a fine for the loss items which they had back

Im only 16 years old and i dont want a criminal record at this age for a stupid mistake.

Do you think if the household of the address that i gave open the letter and tell them that its a wrong address , can they find my real address by my name and birth of date?

Im only 16 years old btw ,

i cant pay that amount of money and i dont want my parents to find out and not trust me anymore.

It would be great if you give me some advice.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

first its not a fine

you cant get fined as the police were not involved.

there are 2 things here.

I doubt primark will bother to do anything but forward what details they have onto RLP.

you can read about them already here extensively if you wish.

but bottom line is you totally ignore RLP

now if they will trace your address...

I don't think we've seen this done here so you might never get anything.

however, and bearing in mind you are underage as such, it might well be better incase anything does happen that you tell your parents about this.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You're under 18. Nowt they can do. Any letters come just ignore them

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome to CAG

DX and the imp have spelled out quite clearly our position in regard to RLP. They are reluctant to spend money they don't have to employing a tracing firm to find your real address so that is one reason they won't find you.

The other reason is your age. RLP use civil law rather than criminal law meaning that even if they did find your address, they couldn't do anything until you are 18 however since there have been no civil recovery cases since 2012 when a certain company who tried it on (with the encouragement of RLP) lost the case. No other cases since then.

IF by chance RLP do trace you, ignore the letters but it may come to you fessing up to your parents and if that happens refer them to CAG and these threads to reassure them that nothing will come of any threats by RLP.

For now, try to get on with your life and STOP STEALING. Carrying on will get the attention of the police and makes us on CAG look like fools.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I will not do it again and it was my first time.

I have my A level exams coming up in a couple of months and all i can think about is the letters that i will not receive:(

is there a chance of me getting in trouble because i gave a wrong address?

Im very scared and all i can think about is the letters.

I just want it to end .

And just a quick question.

Would they pass it to the debt collectors as im under age?

Or is it just RLP?

seriously forget about it.

you lied so what..

the guy you spoke to has no legal powers to do anything.

probably the best thing you did that day was to give a false address to the guy :lol:

a debt collector is NOT A BAILIFF and have

ZERO legal powers.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ill say it slow as i know you are scared.

RLP cannot do ANYTHING to you.

Police were not involved so they wont have any interest.

A debt collector cannot do anything to you.

You gave a false address... they will never find you.

Take a big breath, get some sleep and relax. The ONLY thing that will happen IF they ever find you ( which they likely wont) is you get a few letters from RLP then maybe from a DCA. These letters are designed to confuse and intimidate you. Just do what everyone else does. Throw them in the bin where they belong.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

but they don't know his address...

and they

As you gave a false address, RLP will direct all letters there.

You have more important things to do. Don't stress out over this; you are better than that. As mentioned by the others, RLP can do sod all to you and if you consider that RLP have zero power over you and a debt collector has even less power if you can think of a level below zero.

It comes across to me that you may be struggling with the thoughts that you will get found out so I do recommend that you visit your GP. Having someone to physically talk to may just help and a GP has to treat what you say in confidence. Talking to your GP may just uncover the reasons why you chose to steal in the first place.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE