Gross misconduct - libel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

my new boss has been trying to cause me difficulties since she started in September.

Most recently she tried to give me a formal verbal warning for thinking out loud.

My union sorted it and yesterday it became informal.

Then three hours later I was asked to the big boss office.

I was informed I was being disciplined for gross misconduct based on a letter that was full of lies.

This upset me greatly because I haven't done any of the things I have been accused of, the letter even states it isn't a complaint, isn't dated and isn't signed.

I have grievances I need to submit over bullying and harassment and the way these last two events have happened.

I don't think they have followed Acas guidelines as it suggests the investigatory meeting should be before they decide on the conduct, then it's the disciplinary.

They have already decided I am guilty even though I haven't done any of the things I have been accused of.

I have a number of chronic illnesses covered under the equalities act 2010 and the stress has made me very ill.

They don't like that fact and trying to punish me.

It isn't safe there anymore so I am getting signed off sick before I end up in hospital.

Can anyone direct me to grievance templates please or offer any advice?

Thank you

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

If you are in a union, then it's then toy should be addressing these questions to.

In principle there is no reason why an investigation must take place before a disciplinary hearing is convened. It isn't an approach I'd recommend, but there's no reason for an employer to have an investigation - assuming that they haven't, because not having talked to you about it is not the same thing as having no investigation.

Talk to your union.

To be clear you were invited into a meeting absent previous notice and then disciplined?

That isn't the way I read it, although it isn't clear. The OP states that they have already decided that they are guilty - which is a suggestion the outcome is pre-determined, in their opinion. If they had actually been disciplined, then the OP would know the outcome already and would be guessing. I think they have simply been told that it is being taken to a disciplinary, in which case that use the employers "right".

They have a union, and that union is aware of the wider circumstances here. Any advice given here could jeopardise the situation. The OP needs to speak to a union they are a member of, who have knowledge of the employer and the OPs position, and have already been involved in a very recent situation between the two

This is the part that requires clarification:

Then three hours later I was asked to the big boss office.

I was informed I was being disciplined for gross misconduct based on a letter that was full of lies.

Of course it may just be the way the OP writes however technically this is an issue........