Flight delay

Indie12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

What rules apply to flight delays from pakistan to manchester flying on PIA? Flight was delayed for 7 hours, the expected departure was 3pm but delayed until 10pm. When i asked for a reason i did not get an full answer, all i was told was there were some issues from a flight from canada. Accomodation and food was provided.

This was a return flight, left manchester to pakistan, and pakistan to manchester. I had no travel insurance.

Am i able to claim compensation via EU regulations?

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

An update on the above. After chasing PIA who to date have not responded to my claim, i reffered my claim to the CAA. Today i recieved a response to my claim:

"Unfortunately, Recital 6 of the Regulation establishes that the protection accorded to passengers departing from an airport located in a Member State should be extended to those leaving an airport located in a third country for one situated in a Member State, when a Community carrier operates the flight.

As PIA are not a Community carrier and you were departing from an airport situated outside the European Union, I regret to inform you that the above Regulation does not apply in your case. Furthermore, I am sorry to say that the Regulation does not make distinction of its application based on where the flights were bought."

Can someone confirm if the above is correct?

If you search online for flight delay compensation you'll find many sites about this. All the ones I've just looked at confirm the CAA is correct. The EU regulation does not apply to flights to the UK from outside the EU unless the airline is an EU airline. Which PIA presumably isn't.