Boiler issue - Installer bust

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

If this isn't in the right place could the mods move it please, it concerns a boiler I had installed in April 2016.

When my wife and I moved into our current home in March 2016 we had the heating system replaced by a company called Ecovolve. Ecovolve have subsequently gone out of business. The boiler is an Alpha 28KW model.

The boiler has developed a fault whereby it loses pressure over time. I have had my usual heating engineer out to inspect it and he has diagnosed a faulty pressure vessel within the boiler itself. After pressurizing the vessel and filling the system it will continue to operate for a period of time before the same thing happens. It is confirmed in each case that the pressure vessel has lost pressure.

I have contacted Alpha (by email) to inquire about a repair but they have responded by offering me some sort of service plan, which of course they want me to pay for. My understanding though is that any fault should be covered by the Sale of goods Act, or am I wrong?

Any help much appreciated, I'd like to be more knowledgeable before responding.

Hi King,

Yes, 5 years, which was another part that made me wonder why they were attempting to sell a service to me. My understanding from having seen similar situations with cars that are bought and faults emerge is that the guarantee doesn't strictly come in to it either given the time allowed under the Sale of Goods act before a defect is reasonably expected to be caused by wear and tear.

as this is outside of 6mts from purchase

you will need to write a formal letter to them including the engineers report

they are allowed one repair.

was this done under gov't eco power scheme whereby you got a small rebate for replacing an old system?

if so, they are equally responsible.

had mine go south after 3yrs, firm gone, boiler manu played around all over xmas/new year in -5c temps with no heating nor hot water.

the eco scheme later gave the manu a kick and in 24hrs the parts were replaced.

they then refunded excessive electric bill as we had to buy and use several oil storage heaters 3 weeks in total.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...