Industrial Injuries Benefit advice

nigrob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am considering applying for Industrial Injuries Benefit but I am finding it difficult to get any evidence of the accident I had.

The accident was way back in 1990 (February) and I am unsure if records are kep’t this long by an employer.

My GP has records of the treatment I received after the injury but nothing that states that it was a work place accident.

I already qualify for PIP (lower rate care & higher rate mobility) because of the injury I sustained and the effect it has on my daily life.

Would my claim be accepted without evidence to support it was an accident or would the benefits adjudicators just refuse the claim ?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Nic

why not send you ex ex employer an sar

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

why not send you ex ex employer an sar

I could try that but the employer at the time was taken over by Wincanton about 6 Months later so I doubt that they will have anything going back as far as 1990.

Nic

They wont have any info on you that goes back 28 years, sar wouldn't produce anything of significance. If they did then they are breaking the law. Unreasonably holding personal data.

If it was an accident, and it sounds a serious one, did the health and safety get involved with an investigation?

I am on Industrial Injuries Dsablement Benefit (assesed at 40%) and have been since 1980. When you had you accident were you paid Sickness Benefit or Industrial Injuries Benefit

I ask as if it was Industrial were you not invited to attend a medical to assess the severity of the injury and was the HSE involved. If so what was the outcome? If you were awarded a weekly/2 weekly payment then you would have attended future medicals. If you were paid a one-off lump sum (that is assesed at 20% or less) then you will not be able to make a further claim

• 5 months later...

I received no compensation or payment at the time, I spent a while on Company Sick Pay and the Union rep was not willing to pursue a claim maybe due to him wanting a Management job.

I was pretty naive back then about what should have happened after the accident but I am quite sure it was put into the accident book.

I am unsure if I received SSP at any point but subsequently had to leave the job due to time off.