Where do I stand right now with this contract?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a new job in August and signed a contract which stated that I was on probation for 3 months, after which I would either become a permanent member of staff or my probationary period would be extended. This period is now up. I asked my boss if my contract was going to be reviewed now and she said no, i’ll Review it in 6 months. She then said that of course she wasn’t going to get rid of me as she’s happy with my work. Which of course means nothing.

I enjoy the job itself but there are many issues with my boss which make the working environment difficult for me. I like my coworkers but to be honest I can’t stand my boss. She’s rude to customers, she texts us early in the morning about targets on days we aren’t working. And many other issues I won’t state to keep this anonymous. I just don’t feel that this is a fair situation and she’s also keeping me in limbo as well because it suits her to do so.

I decided to apply for some new jobs and have interviews this week. If I’m successful, how much notice am I required to give my current employer, given the issues around the current contract?

It says 1 week when on probation and 2 weeks thereafter. But I haven’t been confirmed as a member of staff. Effectively the contract expired on 4th November.

I agree she won’t change so I will have to leave. She also promised to pay for my accommodation whilst I was training for 4 days and then didn’t do it.

Thank you for the information. The guys should be able to advise on that, also the issue of paying for your accommodation. Do you have her agreement to that in writing? See what the guys think, but raising a grievance could be an option.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Usually after probation is completed you are confirmed in post... Unless extended etc...

Id be careful on this one... But then again - If you find a new job very little they can do...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Legally, your probation is not formally extended, then you passed, and your notice is two weeks. But it is possibly moot, unless they intend to try to enforce it. Although some employers will mess your around - withholding pay, poor reference etc- if you don't give the right notice. If you can, I'd suggest sticking to the two weeks. If you can survive for now, then you can survive one more week!

Try to keep your head down, it's not for long now. If the boss annoys you, smile sweetly and tell yourself that she has no idea what you're planning to do. :)

If she takes these things personally, then that says a lot about her but it isn't your problem.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum