TPS ANPR PCN - Overstay - Heritage Retail Park, Crewe - in car park due to illness

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1 Date of the infringement 16/11/2018

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 22/11/2018

3 Date received 23/11/2018

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? y

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] n

7 Who is the parking company? Total Parking Solutions

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Heritage Retail Park, Crewe

Received a 'Parking Charge Notice' this morning; cannot say we are surprised as we knew we had overstayed the allowed time and we have no reason to question the rules in place.

The issue is twofold, firstly, are parking notices still largely not taking further by private parking companies, or have the laws changed. £40 seems excessive for overstaying by 43 minutes.

The second issue is that my partner was using the car and she suffers from MS. Whilst visiting the nearby town, she fell ill, and whilst she didn't need any medical attention, she did have to sit in a cafe for 2 hours whilst the fainting past. The staff in there were incredibly helpful, kept checking on her and giving her food to sustain herself, so they certainly knew she wasn't well. The question would be, would one of these vulturous parking companies see that as a valid reason to cancel the ticket? I'm sure the cafe would confirm, though they are part of a massive chain so who knows.

hi

can you scan up the ntk please

read upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

reverse side too please

and PDF as the guide says so we can zoom.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they will never see that as a valid reason for cancelling because legally it isnt. I know that this isnt what you had hoped to hear but it is all about contracts and previous ecperience tells us that your appeal will fail because they will say you should have phoned them at the time and given some evidence of this so they could make a note on ther system.

That isnt the end of the matter though because more often than not the wording on the signage is defective so you dont have a contract to breach. Should you decide that you want to challenge this then you will need to show us pictures of the entrance to the car park from the public highway and any signs there plus pictures of the signs around the car park and pictures of the payment meter with associated blurb.

Now a lack of customer service number on their signs that you can speal to someroner about this will severely damage their chances of getting the demand to stick so see if you can get the pictures requested within their appeal period and we will be able to suggest a strategy to get this cancelled.

MS is one of the 3 diseases that means someone is automatically disabled so that will carry soem weigth but not with the parking co. knowing who actually owns the development will help there, ask the council or see if there is an estate managers offive on site. Thye may be able to get TPS to drop it as they wont like the poor publicity that could surround this.

Signs first though. we want some larger calibre ammunition in our arsenal if it is there to be had

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

dx100uk - I'll try to add that shortly.

ericsbrother

- thank you for your reply.

I will check over the weekend what the signage looks like, but to be honest, we know the rules there, but illness did on this occasion prevent my partner from returning to her car in time, so I'm "okay" with paying the fine, though I do feel it is very expensive given it is a free car park!

I wanted to ask this very direct question, once upon a time it was considered the right thing to do to just "ignore" these notices because private parking companies never take action further...

.however, have the rules now changed considerable,

do these companies now have more powers than they once had,

and is there significant evidence in an increase in court cases taking place?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

They have POFA to use to try to get the Keeper to pay, but no more real power, and they are liars and cheats as before. Don't do anything until you check it with them here, its a numbers game and will try court hoping the punter won't defend and get a default judment in the PPCs favour. Most propely defended cases fail and the PPC gets nothing except the bill for trying it on.

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

ian..it is not a FINE.

nowhere do they use that word.

it's a speculative invoice. because you supposedly broke some mystical contract you agreed to.

and they

1 Date of the infringement 16/11/2018

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 22/11/2018

3 Date received 23/11/2018

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? y

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] n

7 Who is the parking company? Total Parking Solutions

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Heritage Retail Park, Crewe

Received a 'Parking Charge Notice' this morning; cannot say we are surprised as we knew we had overstayed the allowed time and we have no reason to question the rules in place.

The issue is twofold, firstly, are parking notices still largely not taking further by private parking companies, or have the laws changed. £40 seems excessive for overstaying by 43 minutes.

The second issue is that my partner was using the car and she suffers from MS. Whilst visiting the nearby town, she fell ill, and whilst she didn't need any medical attention, she did have to sit in a cafe for 2 hours whilst the fainting past. The staff in there were incredibly helpful, kept checking on her and giving her food to sustain herself, so they certainly knew she wasn't well. The question would be, would one of these vulturous parking companies see that as a valid reason to cancel the ticket? I'm sure the cafe would confirm, though they are part of a massive chain so who knows.

I would be very concerned that someone with this condition is driving a motor vehicle on public roads. Hopefully the vehicle was being driven by someone else?

I doubt very much if they would even consider cancelling the ticket even if the person was dying or attending an emergency. erocsbrother offers very good advice on this.

MS doesn't mean an individual shouldn't drive, it was an isolated incident in the same way that anyone could fall ill with zero warning.

I find your reply both arrogant and showing a lack of compassion and knowledge on the subject.

Edited by dx100uk

It was not meant to come across that I am arrogant and showing a lack of compassion.

If it were my wife I would be very concerned as she could be a danger to herself and others on the roads if she had bouts of feeling faint.

Edited by dx100uk

If it were my wife I would be very concerned as she could be a danger to herself and others on the roads if she had bouts of feeling faint.

I assume then that you do not let her drive when she is having her period?:mad2:

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

I assume then that you do not let her drive when she is having her period?:mad2:

A bit old for that!