Caught using Dad's Freedom Pass, charged under Byelaw 17(1)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That will end in the bin.

See post 8

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

2nd thoughts now i can see it not in enforced mobile view and tiny unzoomable text it actually reads quite good i'd leave as be

Well done

That should work imho

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've made it even shorter. I'm trying my best but not sure where the specific problems are.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise about this happening. Friends and family know me as a trustworthy and honest person and I’m deeply ashamed and upset this has happened, as is my father.

At the time of this incident happened, I was going through a very difficult time. An existing kidney condition had worsened and I was experiencing high levels of anxiety that was later diagnosed and treated. A criminal conviction will leave me with a problem I can’t fix and worry this continued stress may be affecting my kidney condition.

When I travel with my parents, I carry their pass on behalf of them which they find helpful in busy situations. This is what I was referring to when answering the question ‘How long have you had the pass?’ as noted in the case summary. I would never knowingly use my parent’s pass.

On this occasion, I had completely forgotten to give the card back to my father. I usually carry an oyster card style wallet that contains numerous cards and was mortified I was carrying my father’s pass. I was very shaken and nervous and still feel like that today which is why I avoid using this station. I now always ensure I take my card out of wallet for peace of mind that this will never happen again.

I am extremely sorry for what may appear to have been an attempt to avoid paying for my fare, but would like to stress that this was not intentional and was an honest one off mistake. I'm so sorry for my actions and the inconvenience caused to all involved.

I’d be happy to have the opportunity to pay the avoided fare and any incurred costs that my actions have caused immediately as to avoid a criminal record so I can positively move forward from this incident which will be to buy my first property. I’ve never been in trouble with the law and very sorry that my mistake has led to this. Not having a permanent reminder of this will help with my anxiety knowing my parents do not see me as a convicted criminal and protect my good name.

I would appreciate your consideration and sincerely hope that you can take this into account when deliberating on next steps regarding this case.

Wow OK. Thanks for the feedback, was trying to be honest as possible.

I've left the other version in case anyone thinks that is better.

What should I do now?

Send it to the email address and submit a guilty plea to turn up in court to give more time for TfL to read this?

Thank you again!

Have you a case or ref no?

and they

Good job done then

Ref to that

And use the address of that other letter scan as you dont know where send it did. You say

and they

Thanks Honeybee.

I'll fill out the papers to plead guilty and go to court whilst continuing to try and settle with TfL.

I'm no way trying to get out of this. Just hoping I can pay my penalty and avoid a conviction.

Is the above address the correct address to send this to? If it is, do you think it's worth hand delivering as I work less than 5 minutes away?

Should I email them also?

write as per post 33 inc your case number.

as for the court form

I wish to plead guilty and attend court

dx

and they