Online shop scammer

LATEOTT18
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I purchased a lamp from an online shop and paid using my credit card.

I had a message from them last week to say they would deliver on Sunday.

Sunday morning I got a message to say they noticed the lamp shade was the wrong colour and they would have to deliver on the Monday which I replied I wouldnt be in and it would need to be delivered on the Wednesday,

they said fine they would let me know what time on Tuesday.

I’ve not heard anything and they are not responding to my messages or answering their phone. Phone had been going to voice mail all day so I messaged them via the Instagram page and he answered and said sorry they’ve had a death in The family and would be delivering tomorrow.

In the mean time I search for them On trust pilot, feel like such an idiot for not doing that in the first place and seems they have [problem]med practically everyone they’ve sold to.

My question is will my credit card cover this?

Sorry it took a while to get there ☺️

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

I would give them a few more days then invoke a section 75 claim.You must exhaust all avenues with the retailer first.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?473624-Section-75-and-Charge-Back-gt-Whats-the-difference-and-how-to-utilise-them

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I would give them a few more days then invoke a section 75 claim.You must exhaust all avenues with the retailer first.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?473624-Section-75-and-Charge-Back-gt-Whats-the-difference-and-how-to-utilise-them

Regards

Andy

How much was it for?

There are upper and lower limits on S.75 (for example it’d have to have been over £100 for S.75 to kick in)

lets hope it was an expensive lamp then :wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

You need to clarify at the bank whether it is possible to make a chargeback. Some banks differ in the number of days when you can use this service. It was necessary to check the reviews immediately. I recently bought a sofa on this site. Since the company is new, I had to sit on the Internet for two days before making a payment. But there is no problem)