PRA and old payday express PDL - want to verify my identity after sb letter to them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Alternatively, if you wanted to make a point, you could write them a letter telling them that they are not entitled to do anything after they have received your SB letter and you now want to make a formal complaint to the ombudsman that they should begin the eight week process now.

I can imagine that the PRA group bought lots of stunts and take lots of liberties with people who don't know their rights – and maybe it would be time to start bringing it to the attention of people like the FOS.

If the PRA group then tried to say that they wouldn't take your complaint without having confirmation of identity then I think I would be making a direct complaint to the FOS

• Confused 1

with the GDPR there is a reversing of the burden of proof whe it comes to identifying people ( requesting their personal data) They are only allowed to refuse to respond to a SAR if they can show an honest belief that you are not who you say you are and this means they must have some evidence of criminality or attempt of the same.

It wont stop them trying on their little games but they wont be able to avoid the ear wigging from the ICO when you do complain about this.

In the meanwhile dont give tham anything they dont have. they have your address and their reference number so that is enough, they either accept you are who you say you are or they accept they have the wrong person and stop trying to chase that person with your (possibly wrong ) details. they cant say we know it is you but we think it might not be

Edited by Andyorch
Typos

Or you can simply ignore them until they give up and move onto their next target....whats the worst can happen ?

They cant litigate on it..they cant enforce it....they cant register a default...let them chase something they can never get at their own expense.

Im more for the quiet life although the options above are open to you but do you really need the hassle and stress of pointing something out that is blatantly obvious to the DCA/ICO/and FOS ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Which is all in our sb letter anyway....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Said letter they have ignored so the more complaints the better FOS and ICO might get all medieval on these Fleecers before long.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to PRA and old payday express PDL - want to verify my identity after sb letter to them