• Tweets

• I've an idea that what this is is clearing out stock of old tech panels as there have been signs of major breakthroughs in solar tech - inc what is effectively solar paint   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • ROFL - says a minister of the government that lets its politicians promote their agendas unchallenged and well paid on the UK's version of Russia Today translated UK deputy PM launches global push to mask their election rigging "The UK is following Russia and China on a government minister and MP led process to get paid vast sums to put our message out to the plebs unchallenged, funded via right wing billionaires, AI from foreign states, and misuse of taxpayer money.   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.😄 (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021. npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279. The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills. I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this. EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.  I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.  And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you guys! @lookinforinfo thank you for the case, it seem to similar with my case which is gold. @Nicky Boy shouldn't be ICO?   Personal data breaches: a guide ICO.ORG.UK   For CAG I found this  The Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) is an independent body which provides expert advice on the use of confidential patient information. This includes providing advice to us, the Health Research Authority (HRA) for research uses. It also provides advice to the Secretary of State for Health for non-research uses.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How populist are you

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2018/nov/21/how-populist-are-you-quiz

I've done it.

Results as I expected although a few mates think I cheated. I didn't - I think thats more a comment on their perception of their politics. (They think they are centrist - THEY aren't.)

• Haha 1

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

You're most similar to:

AMLO

Mexican president

Andrés Manuel López Obrador was elected earlier this year on pledges to fight corruption, moderate the 'war' on drugs, and champion 'the forgotten people'.

You're least similar to:

Donald Trump

US president

Donald Trump is the president of the US. He has repeatedly failed to condemn radical rightwing activists, and for a time employed Steve Bannon on his presidential team.

:-D

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Enjoyable break,lets see the results.

You're most similar to:

Barack Obama

Former US president

Barack Obama was the first person of colour to serve as president of the US, over two terms between 2008 and 2016. Although mostly moderate in rhetoric, he pushed hard for healthcare for poorer Americans.:sad:

You're least similar to:

Donald Trump thank goodness for that.:madgrin:

It must be a relief that you're not like Trump. :D

I read in one of the articles about an ex-White Houser's [can't remember which one] book that they spent a while teaching Trump to say populist - he kept saying 'I'm a popularist'.

I think a term ending in artist is more appropriate than arist for trump.

The Tory Legacy

I tried it a few times with very slightly different answers as I wasn't entirely sure how to class a few

A bit further up or down but pretty much the same overall slight upper-leftiness

all stayed in the right half of the lower right quarter of the upper left quadrant.

Just left and up of center.

:-D

The Tory Legacy

I think a term ending in artist is more appropriate than arist for trump.

Mind you trump would report on that as

'Top world reviewer says I am a great artist .... he said as good as pee-casso'

The Tory Legacy

It's good to see that TO has come up with a different result. At least everyone doesn't match the same people. :)

:)

If you dont mind me asking, Was yours Lower left Tawny?

The Tory Legacy

As i recall towards the middle,just about centre.,perhaps a touch higher but not much.Slightly left.Has this some strange meaning.It would not surprise me.:|

Just read what i wrote again as clear as mud, as usual,ha.

Only one thing for it do it again.:lol:

See what happens.

You're most similar to:

Evo Morales

Bolivian president

Evo Morales has been president of Bolivia since 2006. He has successfully sought an end to term limits, champions indigenous rights - he is an Aymara - and pursued a policy of partial nationalisation.

thumb-down-blue@2x.pngpoli-4.png

You're least similar to:

Donald Trump

US president
:lol:

As i recall towards the middle,just about centre.,perhaps a touch higher but not much.Slightly left.Has this some strange meaning.It would not surprise me.:|

Just read what i wrote again as clear as mud, as usual,ha.

Only one thing for it do it again.:lol:

See what happens.

I think you must have 'hardened' one of your responses a little notch tawny

The Tory Legacy

Most like mexican President AMLO least like Trump thank god for that

I might fertle with the answers and try to get a 'Trump wants to hire you' result

:madgrin:

The Tory Legacy

Good luck with that, TJ. I hope you have a plan B for when you're fired after a few months. :D

heh heh heh

The pays good while it lasts though.

I managed to get further to the right than trump by simply putting in what I thought was obnoxious responses, but failed to get above his 'populartist' standing.

I admit defeat there (for now) as I'm already stating massive lies to get that far on the right..

I think it might give an insight into his mind to work out the responses that these psychologists believe generates a trump (oops pardon me), although a life of unearned privilege generating the childish psychopathy undoubtedly played a major part.

Might give that a try. (which, I here some mutter :-) )

The Tory Legacy

It turns out I am like Emmanuel macron.

That is good because I AM Emmanuel Macron.

Funny how the results of a quiz in a left leaning paper produce results that are mostly to the left. Statisticians all over the world are now looking to see if bears are currently ****ting in the woods.

Funny how the results of a quiz in a left leaning paper produce results that are mostly to the left. Statisticians all over the world are now looking to see if bears are currently ****ting in the woods.

Funny how you come to that conclusion based on literally a small handful of responses from people who are easily seen as liberal/left leaning. So hence actually supporting its validity ...

... Especially as my follow on tests show its quite possible to come out as even more wrong (err right leaning) than trump, which seems to dash your clearly premature hypothesis.

Whats up? Get a 'Trump thinks you really really grate' result and ashamed to admit it?

Statisticians all over the world are now looking to see if you are a member of their club, and hoping they will only find a few bears doing their business.

The Tory Legacy

Whats up? Get a 'Trump thinks you really really grate' result and ashamed to admit it?

You didn't did you?

You got a 'Nigel wants you to get him a beer' result and misread it as 'bear', didn't you?

He actually is in there just below and a twinky claw to the left of trump

:wink:

The Tory Legacy

No, I was actually disappointed to be outed as Macron as my general beliefs are quite libertarian in many areas like gun control ( keep sights aligned and dont try and anticipate recoil, just apply pressure to the trigger and let it take you by surprise) and free trade ( but proper free trade not that pushed by multinationals that crush anyone who dont want their goods in the first place).

I was just noting that like most questionnaires there is an inbuilt bias so putting all of the little grey dots on their graph so you can see how others have come out is rather meaningless as it does only state the bleedin obvious and even the idea of how politics is divided up into the left/right authoritarian/liberal axes is at least 30 years out of date.

When Farage was at school he was teased by his schoolmates singing the XTC song we're only making plans for Nigel and that has impacted upon his entire life. it is alright for the bullies now they are head of investment banks and the like but poor Nige never got over it

No, I was actually disappointed to be outed as Macron as my general beliefs are quite libertarian in many areas like gun control

LOL I like that one.

so you can see how others have come out is rather meaningless as it does only state the bleedin obvious and even the idea of how politics is divided up into the left/right authoritarian/liberal axes is at least 30 years out of date.

It actually appears to be left right and populist/non populist whatever they are, and it was quite an eye opener for me that I was anywhere approaching half way up the top half.

Made me think.

When Farage was at school he was teased by his schoolmates singing the XTC song we're only making plans for Nigel and that has impacted upon his entire life. it is alright for the bullies now they are head of investment banks and the like but poor Nige never got over it

Good job they couldn't see the future, it probably would have been a lot worse.

Good to hear though ...

Perhaps goes some way to explain who he is and what he does - not that its an excuse.

The Tory Legacy