style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How populist are you

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2018/nov/21/how-populist-are-you-quiz

I've done it.

Results as I expected although a few mates think I cheated. I didn't - I think thats more a comment on their perception of their politics. (They think they are centrist - THEY aren't.)

• Haha 1

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

You're most similar to:

AMLO

Mexican president

Andrés Manuel López Obrador was elected earlier this year on pledges to fight corruption, moderate the 'war' on drugs, and champion 'the forgotten people'.

You're least similar to:

Donald Trump

US president

Donald Trump is the president of the US. He has repeatedly failed to condemn radical rightwing activists, and for a time employed Steve Bannon on his presidential team.

:-D

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Enjoyable break,lets see the results.

You're most similar to:

Barack Obama

Former US president

Barack Obama was the first person of colour to serve as president of the US, over two terms between 2008 and 2016. Although mostly moderate in rhetoric, he pushed hard for healthcare for poorer Americans.:sad:

You're least similar to:

Donald Trump thank goodness for that.:madgrin:

It must be a relief that you're not like Trump. :D

I read in one of the articles about an ex-White Houser's [can't remember which one] book that they spent a while teaching Trump to say populist - he kept saying 'I'm a popularist'.

I think a term ending in artist is more appropriate than arist for trump.

The Tory Legacy

I tried it a few times with very slightly different answers as I wasn't entirely sure how to class a few

A bit further up or down but pretty much the same overall slight upper-leftiness

all stayed in the right half of the lower right quarter of the upper left quadrant.

Just left and up of center.

:-D

The Tory Legacy

I think a term ending in artist is more appropriate than arist for trump.

Mind you trump would report on that as

'Top world reviewer says I am a great artist .... he said as good as pee-casso'

The Tory Legacy

It's good to see that TO has come up with a different result. At least everyone doesn't match the same people. :)

:)

If you dont mind me asking, Was yours Lower left Tawny?

The Tory Legacy

As i recall towards the middle,just about centre.,perhaps a touch higher but not much.Slightly left.Has this some strange meaning.It would not surprise me.:|

Just read what i wrote again as clear as mud, as usual,ha.

Only one thing for it do it again.:lol:

See what happens.

You're most similar to:

Evo Morales

Bolivian president

Evo Morales has been president of Bolivia since 2006. He has successfully sought an end to term limits, champions indigenous rights - he is an Aymara - and pursued a policy of partial nationalisation.

thumb-down-blue@2x.pngpoli-4.png

You're least similar to:

Donald Trump

US president
:lol:

As i recall towards the middle,just about centre.,perhaps a touch higher but not much.Slightly left.Has this some strange meaning.It would not surprise me.:|

Just read what i wrote again as clear as mud, as usual,ha.

Only one thing for it do it again.:lol:

See what happens.

I think you must have 'hardened' one of your responses a little notch tawny

The Tory Legacy

Most like mexican President AMLO least like Trump thank god for that

I might fertle with the answers and try to get a 'Trump wants to hire you' result

:madgrin:

The Tory Legacy

Good luck with that, TJ. I hope you have a plan B for when you're fired after a few months. :D

heh heh heh

The pays good while it lasts though.

I managed to get further to the right than trump by simply putting in what I thought was obnoxious responses, but failed to get above his 'populartist' standing.

I admit defeat there (for now) as I'm already stating massive lies to get that far on the right..

I think it might give an insight into his mind to work out the responses that these psychologists believe generates a trump (oops pardon me), although a life of unearned privilege generating the childish psychopathy undoubtedly played a major part.

Might give that a try. (which, I here some mutter :-) )

The Tory Legacy

It turns out I am like Emmanuel macron.

That is good because I AM Emmanuel Macron.

Funny how the results of a quiz in a left leaning paper produce results that are mostly to the left. Statisticians all over the world are now looking to see if bears are currently ****ting in the woods.

Funny how the results of a quiz in a left leaning paper produce results that are mostly to the left. Statisticians all over the world are now looking to see if bears are currently ****ting in the woods.

Funny how you come to that conclusion based on literally a small handful of responses from people who are easily seen as liberal/left leaning. So hence actually supporting its validity ...

... Especially as my follow on tests show its quite possible to come out as even more wrong (err right leaning) than trump, which seems to dash your clearly premature hypothesis.

Whats up? Get a 'Trump thinks you really really grate' result and ashamed to admit it?

Statisticians all over the world are now looking to see if you are a member of their club, and hoping they will only find a few bears doing their business.

The Tory Legacy

Whats up? Get a 'Trump thinks you really really grate' result and ashamed to admit it?

You didn't did you?

You got a 'Nigel wants you to get him a beer' result and misread it as 'bear', didn't you?

He actually is in there just below and a twinky claw to the left of trump

:wink:

The Tory Legacy

No, I was actually disappointed to be outed as Macron as my general beliefs are quite libertarian in many areas like gun control ( keep sights aligned and dont try and anticipate recoil, just apply pressure to the trigger and let it take you by surprise) and free trade ( but proper free trade not that pushed by multinationals that crush anyone who dont want their goods in the first place).

I was just noting that like most questionnaires there is an inbuilt bias so putting all of the little grey dots on their graph so you can see how others have come out is rather meaningless as it does only state the bleedin obvious and even the idea of how politics is divided up into the left/right authoritarian/liberal axes is at least 30 years out of date.

When Farage was at school he was teased by his schoolmates singing the XTC song we're only making plans for Nigel and that has impacted upon his entire life. it is alright for the bullies now they are head of investment banks and the like but poor Nige never got over it

No, I was actually disappointed to be outed as Macron as my general beliefs are quite libertarian in many areas like gun control

LOL I like that one.

so you can see how others have come out is rather meaningless as it does only state the bleedin obvious and even the idea of how politics is divided up into the left/right authoritarian/liberal axes is at least 30 years out of date.

It actually appears to be left right and populist/non populist whatever they are, and it was quite an eye opener for me that I was anywhere approaching half way up the top half.

Made me think.

When Farage was at school he was teased by his schoolmates singing the XTC song we're only making plans for Nigel and that has impacted upon his entire life. it is alright for the bullies now they are head of investment banks and the like but poor Nige never got over it

Good job they couldn't see the future, it probably would have been a lot worse.

Good to hear though ...

Perhaps goes some way to explain who he is and what he does - not that its an excuse.

The Tory Legacy