Old T-Mobile debt preventing me from taking out new EE contract - incomplete SAR provided by EE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello folks, I tried taking out a mobile phone contract with EE in 2016.

I was declined and, on contacting EE, was told there were three T-Mobile accounts in my name from 1999-2002 (approx) with an outstanding debt of around £450 in total.

I finally got round to sending an SAR letter last month and received a reply today.

EE have sent me a couple of pages of account notes but no mention of the outstanding amount(s).

Firstly: based on this, I'm pretty certain that EE have sent me incomplete data - however, without knowing how their systems work, I don't know _what_ data they must hold on me, but at the very least, somewhere, there must be a total amount owed.

Secondly: the notes say that I disputed that the accounts were mine (which I did), and EE decided that it wasn't fraud because the accounts were opened using my name, address and date of birth.

I genuinely don't remember opening these accounts. How can EE be so certain that I opened these accounts simply by checking that my name, address and date of birth match?

I just want these accounts removed from my record so I can, should I still want to, take out a new phone contract with EE.

Is there anything I can do here, or do I just need to accept defeat and find a different mobile phone company? :(

Thanks in advance :)

Alex

THose debts would have been statute barred YEARS ago. They would have zero bearing on things now. Unless theyre active and in arrears.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Not in the originators books..

Sb in E&w simply means a debt cannot be enforced

If say the debt was with a bank and you had money in that bank, legally they could just take it.

To the op..

Twas most probably fraud, buy theres little you can now do about it

Though the sar must hold data that proves EE's assumptions it was 'you'..if it doesnt where are they getting their proof from?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you all for replying.

@dx100uk - you're spot on; the notes on both accounts I've received information from say "Customer is verifying on account address. Both account [sic] have same DOB and address. Not a fraud."

I assume since both accounts have this same line verbatim that it was a copy-paste by the same person.

While this isn't affecting my credit rating and it is indeed as renegadeimp says statute-barred, I'd like to clear my name if at all possible so I can have the option to be an EE customer again.

Many thanks,

Alex