Vanquis in bed with debt collector

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Vanquis account back from 2014..dont use it much,but made a purchase and wanted to clarify the balance as intend to pay in full and close the account as have other better high street cards.

Went through security as normal over the phone,lady told me all what i asked and was just about to end the call when she said "Oh we need to speak to you regards your second account"...well i dont have a second account and you must be mistaken.

I allowed her to transfer me to the "other department" and once id gone through name/address/D.O.B/phone number ect ect the chap said "You've been transferd due a debt you had with SKY back in 2011"" then went onto say he was with a company called Fresh Start and how would i like to pay my SKY balance..ive asked what the hell that has to do with my credit card account and he said it was a separate matter and how would i like to pay.?

I've called Vanquis again and asked to speak to a manager and explained it all..and was told that Vanquis own New start and are looking at recovering the debt...when i asked about data protection and i felt like a breach,she said its fine and dont worry about it...i had a separate account (since when..no one told me) and data protection wasn't an issue.

So hopefully a simple ish question...has Vanquis done anything wrong by misleading me about a second account (could only think someone had taken out a second card in my name) and this other company not telling me who they were until after id shared personal information,had they been honest at the start of the call id have told them to go forth and hung up.

Should add that i record all my calls with Call recorder pro...free from Google Play store.