PCN on the Peel Centre for Sunday Parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and I am not sure where to begin but I am a tad confused about a PCN I received on 18/11/18.

I found myself at the Peel Centre in Stockport (first time I've ever been there) and there was an A4 sheet of paper over the parking meter that stated it was free parking on a Sunday. I thought to myself top banana and carried on with my shopping,

after an hour or so I find this red notice from MyParkingCharge.co.uk plastered on the windscreen of the vehicle in question.

I deduced that rather than walking away maybe I should have entered the reg of the vehicle but the signage didn't seem to stipulate that hence I thought nothing of it.

Now, I'm assuming I'm going to get some letters in the post to declare who was driving.

I have been looking for similar instances of cases such as mine to no avail so can someone please shed some light on this matter.

Do I dispute the PCN? or

Do I ignore any correspondence ?

Any help would be golden.

Ta

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

for the minute

just use the search CAG box of the top redtoolbar

peel centre VCS

all will be revealed!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And don't be tempted to talk or appeal to them yet.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

do not respnd, the red ticket is an attempt to abuse the law and you will be getting a NTK in the near future.

As for the free parking bit, that simple term overrides any necessity to manage things by obtaining your personal data, whether by asking you to enter it into a machine for purposes that are outside the law (no reason for them to acquire the data) but that wont stop them demanding money.

Now, seeing the signage that mentions sundays would be enormously helpful so if near to you can you go back next sunday and photograph it?

What is on the payment meter trumps all of the other signs.

Edited by dx100uk
Space/spell

I took a photo of the meter at the time and I will attach it to my post, it said nothing at all about entering a reg!

So as of yet I need to ignore these con artists.

I am absolutely shocked how brazen they are! (free should mean free right?!

Screenshot_20181119_131431.jpg

InkedScreenshot_20181119_131431_LI.jpg

the terms on the mater are the terms you have accepted and they trump ANY sign elsewherein the car patk, As they dont have any mention of inputtying your car reg in then you dont have to. It also menas there is no contract that says they can bill you for a zillion quid so when they do apply for your keeper detaisl you have cause to complain to the DVLA avbout them lying to get access and to the ICI about ther DVLA being lazy and breaking the law just handing them out to anyone in exchange for £2.50.

Yes ignore them for the moment, they will spend some money making further demands but that have no cause to do anything so let them waste their casj until you get a proepr threat of court and that is some way away yet. We will then advise you on what to say in response and hopefully they will skulk off back under their stone

Thank you so much ericsbrother for clarifying my case for me! It's comforting to know that there are still good people out there that are willing to help others :) I shall heed your advice and await the letters, I shall keep you guys posted on what is going on with my case!