CWD - PAP Letter re old UAE debt now claim form

Hornsey62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I'm new here

have been reading a lot of threads because I need to deal with some old debts which I'm being chased for by DCAS.

I have one problem which I need to address urgently and hoping to get some advice here .

I had a credit card and loan in Dubai .

Usual story, lost my job and had to leave.

I only had agency work when I returned to UK so couldn't offer any repayment.

I was initially chased by debt collectors in Dubai who didn't use very nice tactics to say the least .

I eventually had to unplug my landline.

I have now been contacted by CWD who have sent me statements and signed agreements and have also sent me an Information sheet and reply form .

It says you have received this because a company intends to take you to court.

I have read through all the threads relating to CWD and cannot find anything that relates to my problem.

The advice I'm after is is this a pre court letter and do I need to fill it in and return. .

Grateful for any advice

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Read the dozens of other threads about it. And ignore the DCA.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If they have, then thats a strange turn of events. Since they cant take action over here.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thanks for you response

I have read all the threads regarding CWD but i can't see that anyone has recieved an information sheet and reply form. .

I just wanted to know if this constitutes a before court action letter ..it's asking things like do I agree I own the debt. .and incincome and expenditure statement for me to fill in ?

I haven't received a letter of claim. .I think what I have received looks like letter before court action. .it gives me 30 days to reply. .am I right in thinking this is letter before court action?

Please scan and covert everything you have into pdf please. Redact all personal identifiers. A PaP letter has to contain specific info in order to be one.

is the letter from a SOLICITOR?

and entitled LETTER OF CLAIM?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm having trouble uploading from phone so going to get on a computer Monday to scan properly.

This is from CWD solicitors ( I know they are DCAS )..

What I have received is headed.

Annexe 1 - information sheet

Annexe 2 - reply form

Annexe 3 - standard financial statement

It says you have received this note because a business intends to take you to court in relation to a debt ....and I have 30 days to reply. .is this anything to worry about ?

SOunds like a PaP letter. However just because they send one doesnt mean they will take you to court or that theyll win. A lot of DCA's and solicitors use them to scare people into paying.

MUST be in specific format and heading

read post 2 here:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?481827-The-Pre-Action-Protocol-for-Debt-Claims-is-made-by-the-Master-of-the-Rolls-as-Head-of-Civil-Justice-1st-Oct-2017

have you a letter that SPECIFICALLY is headed LETTER OF CLAIM.

if not ignore them.

and look at the attachment in post 4

does that look like yours

thread title updated

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes IMHO its not a PAP letter

but something dressed up to be one

and I bet it obv doesn't state what ACTUALLY they are going to do in court … like issue a CCJ claimform or issue a statutory demand

IMHO they might even be breaking the guidelines here if they think that's a pap letter

but ofcourse as you've experienced..they pull ALL kinds of illegal stunts so one more aint gonna bother them

but sadly a few 1000 mugs in the UK will fall for their crap even some uk solicitors I expect.

but please scan it all up to ONE multipage PDF when you get the chance so we can all have a good laugh when you can...:madgrin:

and they

god ...which is again another sign..its BS.

gotta admit, i'm getting rather sceptical about a few recent SD threads on here too as its gone mighty quiet...

never underestimate the lengths and backhanders [yes I know about those too as I bet you do SB2000 in UAE banking] that might have taken place.

if you really search hard. [and believe you me researchers behind the scenes & behind me on cag and outside of cag :wink: they know who they are]

have not actually found one case that really stands up to even the slightest scratch to delve into it , that anything real ever did happen..

from reading certain websites, even on one that says they get 20-30 uk court judgements a WEEK on UAE debts, you'd expect to find some HARD evidence.....:mmph::mmph:

and they

Thanks will do Monday. .so glad I have found this site!

It's the most helpful one I have found

I agree with you totally and understand what you are saying about backhanders ..

.they entice you out there with offers of high salaries and lend money of lottery standards...

work promised lots of business as I was self employed.

Reason I took loan and credit card was I thought I would be paid and I never was.

.one day i realised they weren't going to pay me for work so I had to leave.

The irresponsible lending in this country beggars belief.

.regret ever going there

Edited by dx100uk
merge/space

They are certainly going that way from what I see... But i do not know if this is just an intimidation tactic or they are going for it,

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Its by email bounce it back

Ignore

and they