CWD - PAP Letter re old UAE debt now claim form

Hornsey62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Attach a cheque to the N244 hard copy if not already sent..they will return it if no fee required....then your covered both ways

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...

Cheeky beggars

I wonder if they've pulled that stunt before?

Have they tried phone/email to you Yet?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What?! Thats insane... Never seen that before?!

Wonder if itll affect them if it does go that far... However i do wonder... What was their reason to request judgement?

Maybe it was an automatic thing?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I don't think they expected the claim to be acknowledged as people who haven't found this site wouldn't have a clue how to defend unless they can afford legal representation which we can't.

But thanks to the help here we at least have a chance.

I think if it was automated at least go for judgement the day after defence was due not before!

I'm hoping if this goes far it will go against them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been digging around looking at anything I can find out about CWD and I've found out something that might interest people dealing with them.

They represent The National Guild of Removers who will find any excuse to take ex members to court for astronomical amounts of money. These people have set up a support group for anyone being taken to court by them and they are now beginning to lose cases (thankfully).

It seems they are willing to destroy innocent peoples’ lives and businesses with the help of CWD just for the sake of money. The Daily Mirror reported on one of these cases and they even tried to sue the journalist.

Here are two articles from the Daily Mirror which show the sort of people they represent.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/guild-tried-take-mirrorman-court-6073872

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shocking-footage-captures-boss-threatening-4617839

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I have received a letter from my local County Court saying the file was referred to a district judge who made the following comments

"The application must be listed on notice for 1 hour not to be heard by telephone."

My application is an order to dispute the courts jurisdiction

An order to dispute the courts jurisdiction to try the claim and declaring that it has no such jurisdiction or should not exercise any jurisdiction which it may have. And in addition make orders: setting aside the claim form: setting aside service of the claim form: and staying the proceedings. Pursuant to CPR 11.1 a/b

I have a hearing which is set to take place last week in march.

i phoned the court to see if there is anything i should be doing in the meantime , they told me just to turn up and argue re the jurisdiction

Andy or anyone ,I would appreciate any advice on how I argue a case as I do not know where to start

Thanks in advance

You have already stated the reason within your application n244....

10. the Court has no jurisdiction to hear the case. The terms state it is dealt with in accordance with UAE law. A UK Court does not have jurisdiction to hear UAE law cases.There is no Foreign Judgment and therefore no action on the judgment.

No need for you to argue it any further..its for the claimant to refute your statement and its reasons why they do have jurisdiction.

Some reading for you...

https://www.google.com/search?q=A+UK+Court+does+not+have+jurisdiction+to+hear+UAE+law+cases.There+is+no+Foreign+Judgment+and+therefore+no+action+on+the+judgment.&oq=A+UK+Court+does+not+have+jurisdiction+to+hear+UAE+law+cases.There+is+no+Foreign+Judgment+and+therefore+no+action+on+the+judgment.&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Fkofilee..

Thanks for that information

What a nice bunch CWD are . After the financial crash they have realised they can prey on vulnerable people who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own and had to leave the country immediately or risk going to prison .

• 2 weeks later...

HI

I have today received a witness statement from CWD. I wasn't made aware by the court when I rang them that I had to do one.  They just told me to turn up.

I can't ring the court as I'm away on a course until Wednesday. I can try to ring them tomorrow. My wife has opened the letter.

The statement refers to the terms and conditions stating that they have jurisdiction anywhere in the world to make a claim? 

I have read all the links you gave me Andy but it's confusing because some sites say they have jurisdiction and others say they don't? 

I am panicking now as I have read witness statements have to be in 14 days before a hearing so by the time I get back home i only have a few days to get mine in.

I know no CWD court claim has ever gone this far but I would appreciate  any advice.

Thanks

stop reading other sites!

most of them are littered with patsy claims .

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No you dont...calm down.You have made all your points within your application reasons and as to why..there is no further evidence to add.The court has told you to just turn up...and turn up you will.

Their terms and conditions may state they have jurisdiction anywhere in the world...possibly to try to enforce a judgment ..not to attain one.....they dont have a judgment.

Post up a copy of this Statement if you get chance Im in need of some light amusement.

Ha thanks Andy I am away from home until Wednesday so I don't have it with me. My wife opened it this morning but I will do it when I get back.  I would like you to see it.

Do you know if The memorandum between Dubai and UK has any bearing in my case

I don't really understand it.

Yes I know of it....

The purpose of this MoU is to establish a formal basis for co-operation, including the exchange of information and investigative assistance, to facilitate timely and effective (and in the case of the PRA, judgement-based) supervision, identify risks to the financial system and, where necessary, to address emergency/crisis situations), especially in instances where emergency/crisis situations involve firms with crossborder operations in the DIFC or the United Kingdom.

This MoU does not modify or supersede any laws or regulatory requirements in force in, or applying to, the DIFC or the United Kingdom. This MoU sets forth a statement of intent and accordingly does not create for either Authority any legally enforceable rights or obligations. This MoU does not affect any arrangements under other MoUs. 4. The Authorities acknowledge that they may provide information under this MoU only if permitted or not prevented under applicable laws, regulations and requirements.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/-/media/boe/files/memoranda-of-understanding/pra-and-dubai-financial-services-authority-update

Thanks for that Andy

I have found a different one.

Memorandum of Guidance as to Enforcement between the DIFC Courts and the Commercial Court..Queens Bench Division..ENGLAND and Wales.

This is dated 2013

Sorry I couldn't do the link.

Do you know of it?