highview PCN - overstay - Almondvale Retail Park, Livingston, Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guy's

I received a charge notice from Highview yesterday.

I sent to Livingston for the first time on 4th and they said we over parked the two hours by 21 minutes.

I have read through what people have saying and I'm sorry but I don't know the Scottish law as I have only just moved to fife in July.

My partner has MS and had to go to the toilet and got caught short, hence the delay.

The penalty is £90 and reduced to £54 if paid in 14days, if not paid in 28 days a debit recovery charge will be issued of £40. To top that off they charge you for paying!!!

On the letter it also mentions contacting approach on line to appeal, also the where our clients property is located in England or wales , should your appeal be rejected, what does this mean??.

They also quote data protection and contacting DVLA and that they had the right to ask them for my details.

this is the first time on a forum/blog, can someone please explain in laymans what I should do, as I can't see any recent posts.

Thank you

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

Please complete the above

So we have all the relevant info to properly advise yoy

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 4/11/18

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 13/11/18

3 Date received 15/11/18

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] N

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? {y/n? N ]post up your appeal] ??

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? Highview Parking Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Almondvale Retail Park, Livingston

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Online to appealpcn.co.uk, by post Appeal Department, Barnet.

J

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE NOW BPA

It says they operate in accordance with the BPA does of practice. following the landmark supreme court ruling of parking she V beavis, it's now established that parking charge notice issued on private land is enforceable by law.

Edited by dx100uk
format

Thank you

Whe n you get 5 mins scan up the NTK to one multipage pdf please

You are resident in Scotland

The car park is in scotland

There is no such thing as trespass in scotland so they cant charge you anything and they dont know who was driving as the ntk is to the keeper and you dont have to name the driver as pofa (protection of freedom act) does not apply in Scotland

Ignore

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You dont need one

Read upload

and they

Convert it to pdf... then totally ignore it. They cannot touch you so long as you dont name the driver.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

DO NOT APPEAL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

they have no rights to demand money from anyone in Scotland unless they can show they knwo who the driver si and havent got those detaisl frok the DVLA. Well, they dotn know who was driving and did get the keeper details from the DVLA so they would be in trouble if the arms of the state had any desire to protect us from greedy lying gits.

No POFA in scotland or NI and no trespass in Scotland so they are stuffed. As for their recovery charges- unlawful as well but they add ut to make money frok theuninformed to pay for all of those who ignore them or hit them back.

As for the reasons as to why you were there, irelevant so forget about any mitigation , it is purely whether they ahve a contract with you and they dont as they are contacting the keeper of the vehicle, not the driver

Edited by honeybee13
Paras
  • Confused 1

I have tried to upload but unsuccessful so far, thank you for you're advice.

These people also have the cheek to charge you to make the payment, £1.50 online by card, £2.50 for cheque and 2p minute over the phone!!

I have not contacted them and was wondering what reason DVLA would want in order to give my information to them??

Other than who is the owner of the car. The photo on the charge notice is not only the registration but of two people in the front of the car, which is not clear.

Thanks again ��

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

the DVLA dont ask any questions, this is the problem.

as for pictures of people in cars, they dont know who anyone is so unless it is the owner of Highview's mother driving you about you are safe in that knowledge.

Keep calm and just file the paperwork away safely, they will be back in touch but they are not likely to be so stupid as to try a court claim in Scotland, that is for the likes of VCS/Excel, whose owner, Simon Renshaw-Smith is particularly arrogant and loves to think he is above the law.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras