Amazon - unusual problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've received a package from Amazon. It isn't mine although the address label on it is addressed to me. I can't find any way to contact Amazon about it.

I got back this afternoon, card through door, package left with neighbour. Collected package. It's addressed to me. In it is a quite expensive (c£150) bit of audio equipment. I didn't order it, no-one in my family ordered it or knows anything about it. It's not the sort of thing any of us would buy. It's not in my list of orders in my account on the Amazon website. I found the item on Amazon and it doesn't say "You bought this item on....". It hasn't been charged to my credit card. It isn't a "wrong" item that has been sent to me when they should have sent me something else because there aren't any items I've bought on Amazon which haven't been delivered yet.

I can't imagine that anyone I know would have bought it for me and sent it to me as a gift. There was nothing in the box to suggest it was a gift sent to me by someone else.

I don't want it taking up space in my house so I went online to tell Amazon. That turned out to be impossible! Every route of contact seems to be about an order you actually have placed - order not delivered, want to return it, arrived damaged etc etc. Without an order number there seems to be no way forward and no other way to contact them. I don't have an order number because I didn't buy it.

Any suggestions? 'Keep it' isn't what I want to do! It's not honest and I don't want it. I want them to come and take it away again.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/apr/21/amazon-why-am-i-deluged-by-unwanted-parcels

http://uk.businessinsider.com/people-receiving-amazon-packages-they-didnt-order-2018-2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy.

The first link doesn't work unfortunately.

The second link I don't think can be what's happened to me. I can see how people might be trying to game the reviews by sending out unsolicited items but the examples are all for fairly cheap things. It would be an expensive way to get reviews by sending out £150 items. Anyway it's a well known brand that doesn't need to game the reviews, I wouldn't have thought.

beware of people coming to collect it and claiming it has been sent to the wrong address by error.

It is unfortunately a common problem, Amazon keeps all of their customer card details visible o its platform so you dont have to type them in each time. this also means that hackers have instant access to your card details as soon as they get into your account and a common one is order something and hope to intercept the parcel before you or anyone else twigs.

Edited by Andyorch
Typos

One of my local amazon pick up points (a local shop) had such horrendous problems with items dropped off with them when they weren't for that pick up point, and items NOT being dropped off there despite Amazon sending 'ready to pick up' emails to customers (myself for one) when there was no record whatsoever of the items being dispatched with the courier (shop checked for me while i was there - local shop was brilliant) - that they are no longer a pick up point.

Amazon just BS'd me all through.

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children