Help DWP want access to my private info.

Xander1977
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone

i am currently receiving job seekers allowance and have a quick question about advisers requesting to access my data.

today i was asked to bring in my passwords and login for indeed.com and the site 'find a job' to my next

(i'm assuming to prove i am applying for the jobs i tell them and also have a sticky beak at my job search history).

do they have the right to ask this of me?

i know i have to provide proof of applications by way of printouts (which is what i intend to do

but i'm not sure they have the right to access these sites with me at the job centre during my signing.

thanks in advance and apologies for the unnecessary capital letters in this post.

Edited by dx100uk
format/spacing

ive sorted the formatting for you.

not 100% sure on your question but I believe yes you do to prove what you have claimed you've done.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The terms and conditions of virtually all sites that you register with state that passwords should never be given to anybody else. If your work coach insists on you providing that information, ask them to show you the specific legislation that permits them to ask. Then ask that the request is put in writing so that you can lodge a formal complaint with the ICO.

In a more general context, you are required to demonstrate that you are actively seeking employment. How you document job searches is entirely up to you and can present the record in what ever manner you desire. This can be copies of emails & letters, or verbally. In recent years, Job Centre policies have become more onerous and a minority of staff try to enforce beyond their remit. Faced with this prospect, it would be advisable not to rock the boat too much. Even so, I wouldn't be handing over login credentials and passwords, but I would have copious quantities of paperwork (suitably redacted).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

No you don't have to provide access to your data, passwords etc.

You just need to provide sufficient proof you are meeting your claimant commitment e.g. Job searches.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I don't think the OP is being asked to hand over their password to their work coach. As I read it OP will be asked to log in themself (keeping the password secret) and then show the work coach what is on the screen. In which case there would presumably be no breach of site rules and nothing to complain to the ICO about.

Maybe OP can clarify this.

There is no way I would be logging into any website on any DWP computer. There is no way I could confirm the integrity of their IT networks, or what cameras I may or may not be captured on whilst entering my password - and therefore I would politely decline.

That being said, you must keep your boat on an even keel and try not to upset them too much. As others have said, record your job searches - but you can do this however you choose (I used to hand over a simple 1-2 page summary of my job search activities).

Edited by MontyIsInnocent