Purchased computer monitor online

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I'm looking for some advice regarding a recent online purchase.

I bought a computer monitor online last week which I had delivered on Friday. Unfortunately there are several issues with it that I cannot live with. One of them I’m fairly sure is a manufacturing defect. The monitor was fairly expensive (£450) so I contacted the retailer on Monday and asked to return it for a refund stating what faults it had. I told them I didn’t want a replacement as there seems to be QC issues with these monitors after doing some research and I'd rather buy something else.

They replied instantly and asked for photos of the fault which I sent hoping they’d deal with the RMA swiftly. I hear nothing from them for 2 days so I contacted then again today and they’ve asked for photos again despite me already sending them. I’m sensing they are dragging their feet.

I paid using PayPal. What are my options here?

If they don’t issue RMA should I post the monitor back at my expense then raise a dispute with PayPal?

The retailer has a page on their site that states, If a return is found not to be faulty they will return to buyer at the buyers expense.I was under the impression I could return an item that I bought online if its faulty. Do I need to prove its faulty?

Did I even have to send photos? Does the monitor even need to be fault for me to return despite being used? Despite having a 5 star TrustPilot rating I have uncovered some horrible returns stories with this company so not sure what to do next. I was tempted just to open a dispute on PayPal but PayPal says if the dispute is not settled they will then decide whether I get a refund or not.

This will teach me for not paying the extra and buying it from Amazon who have a great returns policy.

Thanks for your time.

Peter

Even without a fault, if you bought the item online then you have the right to return it within 14 days for any reason

just send it back and tell them that you want your money back as per the Consumer Rights Act. If it isnt faulty then you pay for the shipping

By using paypal you ahve left yurself open to big problems as you havent paid the supplier but a third party. Use the paypal SNAD disputes process and send back tracked. Let the seller know you are expecting them to pay for the shipping if there are genuine faults and not just quality issues as these are subjective