No claims validation

rabhip
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I have a bit of an odd problem with insurance company validating my no claims entitlement. Im wondering if anyone might have any ideas on the subject.

My car is insured with Churchill, they are going to charge me £155 in 4 days as they have no proof of my 4 years no claims.

I have 4 years no claims but my previous insurer, Hastings, say they have validated them but keep sending me the exact same document which says "you have 4 years no claims but we are unable to validate them with your previous insurer"

My previous insurer before Hastings, swinton, have sent Hastings my proof of no claims document 3 times but hasting said its not a letterhead so they can't use it. Swinton say that's the only form of Letterhead they can send.

Then a Hastings supervisor said she has validated my no claims but still only sends out the document which states they can't validate them through my last insurer.

Churchill say they can't do anything and will put my no claims back down to zero.

I don't know what else I can do.

Thanks very much I hope that made sense!

scottish **** i am! :D

Swinton’s are an Insurance Broker, so can they not get you a copy of the actual renewal notice from the underwriter they insured you with, confirming your NCD entitlement when last with them. You can then send the same to the next insurer in the chain...

I wasnt aware of swinton being a broker, thank you for your input milehighron. The problem doesnt lie with any of the insurers not forwarding the ncd to the next, its that hastings wont accept swintons email as its apparently not the correct type. Il call swinton tomorrow to ask the question on that point. What i dont get is that with hastings saying that they cant validate the previous no claims, they are expecting me to believe that they let my cover run for a year without no claims verification. I cant for one minute believe that to be true, no insurance company would let that slide.

scottish **** i am! :D

It’s not always easy to double guess how any insurer should act or do, or quite simply perhaps they only check one in two new policyholders NCD entitlement with a previous insurer. BTW, you can always ask their Complaints Team to get involved to hopefully break this logjam... Good luck.