Getting refund from Parcel2Go for lost item

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Parcel2Go lost my item and have admitted liability. I had insurance with them up to full value (£45).

They have already refunded me the postal costs (but say the additional insurance cost (a pound or so ISTR) is non-refundable).

Seperately, they have offered me a refund of the full value of the item, but I rejected and said I want the cost of packing that was lost too (or like-for-like replacement of such items).

They have refused and said they think a refund of just the item value alone is fair.

Do you think it's possible to get packaging costs back? It's only a few pounds, but why should I be out of pocket when I didn't lose the parcel?

"Be reasonable, demand the impossible"

They are correct to refuse insurance costs.

However, the packaging costs are absolutely reasonable and I suppose they are refusing it because they have never heard of anybody bothered to refuse it.

What is really sad is that they can be bothered to decline your claim for this.

I'm afraid that the more we find out about this company here the more that we find that they are a bit pennypinching/nitpicking.

mind you,I don't really understand why people pay for the insurance anyway. All you are doing is basically insuring yourself against your breach of contract – but that's what you pay the purchase price of the service for isn't it?

It's a complete rip-off and I don't know how this culture developed.

Imagine that you go to a restaurant and order a meal and then you have to pay extra insurance to make sure it gets there on time, or it's the correct item, or that the meal is sufficiently hot?

Same thing

I agree Bankfodder, the amount of time they have already/are willing to waste on going back and fourth over such a small amount, rather than provide a genuinely enjoyable customer experience is ridiculous.

I didn't realise insurance wasn't necessary - to what level could that be pushed? If I sent a £1000 item with no insurance which they then lost, could I claim £1000 from them?

I suspect this culture may have stemmed from the way Royal Mail limit claims to £35 unless you buy a more expensive service. ISTR you cannot 'sue' Royal Mail, they're protected, so have little choice but to pay for a 'better' service?

So could I legitimately pursue this through Small Claims, it wouldn't be seen a spurious claim? (I don't have receipts for the packaging materials, but obviously that's not to say they didn't exist or how else would I have packaged the item up?)

"Be reasonable, demand the impossible"

Hi

I have to agree with Bankfodder here.

I will be surprised if P2G actually pay out your losses without a fuss. They try to wriggle out of their obligation by stating that the item(s) are on their prohibited list which contains virtually everything known to them.

As for the Post Office, they did try the protected route a while back with a couple of cases where the customer paid extra for a better service and the parcels were lost. The courts found otherwise and forced Royal Mail to cough up.

I have personal issues with the PO. They lost Recorded Delivery letter (now called Signed For) and sent me a book of six stamps to cover my loss. I wrote back to them disputing this but using one of the stamps from the book of six. They sent me a cheque for around seven quid. :)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

What have they offered?

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I feel that is the best you are likely to get. If they refused any more than that and you felt you should go to court, any reasonable judge would slap you down for £2.50.

Others have had a hard time getting payment from P2G so yours is the exception. Accept and move in (in my opinion)