Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Forum upgrade issues

Using Forum Tools - Mark this Forum Read produces:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Text colour changed by self.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Follows
    Following

Mobile version is same as desktop on Samsung galaxy s8.
    Difficult to read and navigate on a small screen.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by king12345 View Post
    Mobile version is same as desktop on Samsung galaxy s8.
    Difficult to read and navigate on a small screen.
    Yes, I had the same problem.

I found that if I scroll down to the bottom of the page and zoomed then I could get to the style setting which was set at "new CAGicon"

I change this to mobile version lightweight and I got the old mobile view back and it seems to me that it is retaining the settings.

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Thanks all these comments. They are all being flagged up to our Webmaster and they are gradually being dealt with.

Please keep them coming.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Our Webmaster is actually making quite a lot of headway.

So far
    • the search function has been fixed
    • editing, fixed
    • replies have been fixed
    • quote function has been fixed
    • find latest posts - fixed
    • a number of other bits and pieces have been fixed there is quite a list of them.

Also, there was an additional upgrade to PHP7 and this is resulted in a very much faster forum. This upgrade went surprisingly smoothly.

Please keep comments coming. We will try to fix everything over the next few days

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by BankFodder View Post
    Yes, I had the same problem.

I found that if I scroll down to the bottom of the page and zoomed then I could get to the style setting which was set at "new CAGicon"

I change this to mobile version lightweight and I got the old mobile view back and it seems to me that it is retaining the settings.
    It worked!

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Cagger since : Jul 2011

The change of colour to yellow background for threads does not work for me! It is more difficult to differentiate between the bold for un-read threads and those that I have already viewed. If there was to be a change, why not use a different colour to indicate read/unread threads?

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.
    I have no legal qualifications.
    If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the star. Thank you
    Follows
    Following

Has the mobile version of site gone??
    It takes an age to load web version

read post 23!

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

I tried post #23's solution earlier on my phone and couldn't even see that setting. I seem to have a version of the mobile site but each subforum is listed separately and I don't have a New Posts button.

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Honey bee, on the main page scroll down to contact us button. Its the drop Down menu just above.
    Not the most user friendly thing to find I must say

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Sep 2017

Honeybee suggested I post here.

I've been a member or some time. Ive recently had problemsposting. The sie won'tacpt al my key strokes (see?) ori tells I don'have permssio to post.

hat is wrong?

Are you using a phone or a PC please, MM?

HB

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Sep 2017

Laptop.

I've just posted successfully on the NHS referral nightmare thread, but then when I tried to edit it, my key strikes wouldn't register properly. (Have look at my edit).

Does it depend how I log in? ie either at the top of the page or clicking on the reply button within a thread?

And on the other NHS thread (OP Heckler) I'd typed a detailed and lengthy reply but when I tried to post it it said I didn't have permission to post a reply (I was definitely logged in). I lost the whole reply. on subsequent replies I had to copy from the reply dialogue box into Word, log in again and paste from word back into the reply.

This post is OK.

Try clearing your browsing history...seems to correct a lot of the errors since the forum update.

Threads merged

We could do with some help from you

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

it was doing it late last night it appears now to be clear all day.

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2