change of tariff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently received a telephone call from First Utility. This was in respect of my present tariff which ends at the end of January 2019. I explained that I intended to look around in January for the best deal. When I check my Smart Meter several hours later, I found the meter had been electronically set to zero and had started charging me on new (and more expensive) tariff.

I both telephoned and emailed (with photographs) of the new settings and complained. They said within 24 hours it would go back to my old Tariff. Several phoned calls later it is still on the new Tariff and First Utility say that they will adjust the bill in January. Please advise

change suppliers now. That will take a fortnight but it will focus the minds of FU. Also stop the direct debit mandate as son as you have agreed a new suppliers contract ( this will be bfore you actually swithch). This will make rersolving the problem more drawn out but at least you will ahve your money in your bank account and not in theirs Keep a paper record of all energy used in the meanwhile, on a daily basis if necessary