United Warehouse /Moriarty claimform - unknown utility supply bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

First post so hope this is correct, I couldn't find a way to post on debt link sorry!:|

I keep getting calls and now letters from Moriarty Law about a debt I owed and forgot about (which is now £528.02 - hundreds more than i remember!!) from a previous address about 4.5 years ago (I've moved a lot since that one).

I have made no contact with them but they're now threatening me with a CCJ - which I've never had - within 14 days of this letter arriving. They're offering a payment arrangement with them to stop proceedings if I can't pay it in full (I can't, and won't start anything yet as don't owe that amount!!)

I remember trying to dispute the original amount at the time with utility warehouse as they wouldn't let me leave them due to various reasons so I gave up trying to. Which meant I was also on a higher tariff, and there was also a small amount carried over when I moved in that wasn't mine.

I didn't want to be with them as I heard they were bad, but they were already at the address when I moved in and as I was only there for a year I didn't think it was worth the hassle (silly mistake but I'm not good at these things!).

When I tried to switch back to British Gas who I'd I been with for years, BG said that UW hadn't done a simple task to allow them to access the property so couldn't supply me - so I felt bullied into staying with UW, as they played dumb and made out they couldn't switch the property or something!!

Has anyone else had this?

So now this current letter from ML - I was going to return a copy of it to ML with a response saying if the believe the valid debt exists and I live at said address to prove debt in writing and FCA rules cannot continue any collection activity till done so. Is this right or should I do something else? I think I've added a copy of the letter I've received to this post.

Please help as I'm a single parent trying so hard to keep my now great credit score up, and although I know I owe something a lot of my original paperwork inc. readings has gone missing so can't back anything up my end.

I'm happy to pay something but not happy to pay extra charges and money I don't owe to a company that I don't owe the money too!!! (I also didn't have any warning letters from UW, just straight into debt agencies ages later hence me realising I'd overlooked it).

Hope this makes sense, I wanted to attach letter but didn't know how:|

IMG_20181109_095038.jpg

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

If they are serious about going to court, theyd send you a PaP back which theyd ask you to fill in. If they try to go to court without sending it to you, theyd be on to a non starter. Which DCA are they acting for?

Are the letters sent to your current address? The last thing you want is for them to get a backdoor CCJ which they love to do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

Thanks for replying so quickly!

Not sure what a PaP pack is?

They did send a form with Annex 1 on it asking if I owed the debt, and wanting all my personal information - like outgoings, other debts etc.

Are they not the debt collection agency?

Ive just found a letter from Fredrickson international from 2015 with the original debt of £410 which was more that expected and they're also added on court fees etc so totalled £495.21.

yes to my current address, hence why I'm worried.

Thanks so much for helping :)

PaP is pre action protocol. Its a pack of info and forms that they are legally required to send you before they file a court claim, so they can work with you, and you with them, to try and come to an arrangement before court action is taken.

Also regarding your numbers, its not unusual at all for a DCA to inflate a debt with unfair charges purely to benefit themselves. That form ( annex 1) do you still have it? That could be their version of a PaP

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to Debt Collection Agencies Forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Can you put all those docs into one multipage pdf please

Read upload

Yes thats a pap letter and you need to reply at some point that we'll help with

Cant see how freds can add legal fees

I will assume ML's client are UW?

Do you remember leaving a bill?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, thanks for replying.

I'm in between clients today so don't really have time to find how to do a PDF file sorry, can you not see them?

I'm worried as I have very limited time now.

No I'm not sure what happened with Freds, and since ML are dealing with this now...ince

I had disputes with the bill as I mentioned before due to them messing me about, and I can't find the paperwork (lots of my personal papers went missing due to an issue I don't want to discuss).

So have nothing to refer too but yes there was an amount outstanding that they were going to sort with me, then heard nothing apart from now ML on my back...

What date did you receive the Pre Action Protocol pack ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Uw were renowned for tricking people into staying with them with high tariffs

Then blocking a switch..

Dont panic too much about this

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

17th September... I didn't see the letter until recently as it got put in with junk mail by my young son. Should I fill it in and email them? Also do I need to give them all of my personal financial stuff or is that a breach of my privacy (or whatever you call it!?) Thanks

Oops ...your well over the 30 days so little point in completing it IMHO...I would let it take it course and see if they do issue a court claim.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?481827-The-Pre-Action-Protocol-for-Debt-Claims-is-made-by-the-Master-of-the-Rolls-as-Head-of-Civil-Justice.-1st-Oct-2017

That 1st letter reads they have already started a court claim

Are you sure theyve not got northants bulk to issue a claim to and OLD addr already??

It reads youve not responded failed aos and they can now request judgement by default?

Anyone else think that..scan is diff to zoom mind pic in post 1

and they

This debt is in connection to your current address ?

Letter also states they wont enter judgment if payment is offered DX........why not enter judgment anyway instead of using it as a threat.Default Judgments are entered by default with no control by the claimant

Check here to see if ther is a judgment

https://www.trustonline.org.uk/

There is a small fee.

Andy

Yes looks like they might have gained a default at an old address, do as Andyorch suggests and come back once you know the excat position to explore options.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Added court fees too between letters

UW have issued a claim to your old address

The 19 days for AOS have now gone...

The sols moriarty dealing with the claim for them have sent the letter in post 1...

Gotta be.

As you say..they'll just let it get default judgement

Think you've missed the boat here PL13..unless you ring Moriarty now and pay it in full?? You've a CCJ

If you dont ca re about it and it wont hurt you....do NOTHING.

and they

Thanks so much for the replies.

They haven't issued a ccj as far as I'm aware, just threatening to do so within 14 days of the last letter - I will pay to check on the link you aded though thanks Andy (my clear score shows nothing about the outstanding debt or ccj is that the same thing?).

Yes I did receive a claim form before from 'the county court' Northants - I watched a YouTube video who said the court didn't exist and was bogus so didn't respond - the video is called 'northampton not a county court business centre' ..

I've spoken to an advice place today that has told me to contact UW to get bills, charges etc so I can dispute what I don't owe. As far as the ML letter states, I've got til Wednesday to stay within the 14 days before ML issue the ccj.

Andy the debt is from an address from 4 years ago not my current one, and I've rented 3 different places since then hence the possiblity of not getting hold of me.

I don't want a ccj, don't think anyone does!!! I've tried so hard to get on track and as I'm self employed really don't want one, again thanks for all your help much appreciated and will keep you posted. :-)

Edited by Andyorch
Name removed

" Yes I did receive a claim formicon before from 'the county courticon' Northants - I watched a YouTube video by Derbjd who said the court didn't exist and was bogus so didn't respond - the video is called 'northampton not a county court business centre' .. "

Oh dear...Im afraid it is real...ther are 2 courts in Northampton....the one that issues claims is MCOL ...CCBC.

you mean you have until wedhesday to acknowledge the claim on the MCOL website ?

but as you don't? have a copy of the claimform..you don't know the claim form number nor the MCOL password that's on it to do so....??

and they

Sorry DX for my ignorance what is MCOL ? No I have until Wednesday to respond to ML to sort before they issues the CCJ as I said in my last post. I've added the letter form which was said to be bogus... It's not got an official stamp or crest that's why I didn't think it was from a court. My bad I guess...

IMG_20181109_155915.jpg

hiddent hat image

pers details showing.

good

follow this:

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.

register as an individual

note the long gateway number given

then log in

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

stop watching stupid videos

stick with cag please

follow our tries and trusted route

and stop getting advice from elsewhere the CPR will get the info your need.

thread moved to legals and retitled....

interesting the claim does NOT say for WHAT the debt is for just an agreement..

this could be fun ...

also its dated 10th October not sure if mcol will work now....

let me get all the docs into ONE pdf later and see what we have.

I suspect as I said before...you've already got a CCJ its just not registered yet as you have 28 days to pay it from the date of default judgement.

this might be what ML are going on about..

but as you wont know any of this till Monday when you can ring northants bulk and ask ...time to work things out.

and they