Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2018

Default GW Financial Solutions

I've reached a ridiculous situation with this outfit .

Under the agreed T&C's they may, subject to having given 28 days notice, change the T&C's. While there is no record of their having given any such notice, they have never-the-less changed the T&C's to the effect that failure on my part to complete an annual review entitles them to cancel the agreement

They now claim that I have cancelled our agreement, but there is no record that I have ever done so. On the other hand they have warned that unless I complete the annual review before some time in December they will exercise their right to cancel the agreement. But this raises the issue as to whether their failure to give the required notice had rendered the changes they had made to be without effect.

They say that completion of an annual review allows them to assess whether we can afford to complete the debt management planicon, and in doing so accord with FCA recommendations. Whereas I have argued that they are applying an overzealous interpretation of the FCA recommendations. In regard to which I note that according to an FCA enquiry "in some areas, an inaccurate interpretation or overzealous implementation of rules (such as those around data protection or affordability) is preventing firms from meeting the needs of vulnerable customers."

Basic Account Holder

Default GW Financial Solutions

This is where it gets ridiculous. Under the agreed T&C's they may, subject to having given 28 days notice, change the T&C's. While there is no record of their having given any such notice, they have never-the-less changed the T&C's to the effect that failure on my part to complete an annual review entitles them to cancel the agreement

They now claim that I have cancelled our agreement, but there is no record that I have ever done so. On the other hand they have warned that unless I complete the annual review before some time in December they will exercise their right to cancel the agreement. But this raises the issue as to whether their failure to give the required notice had rendered the changes they had made to be without effect.

They say that completion of an annual review allows them to assess whether we can afford to complete the debt management planicon, and in doing so accord with FCA recommendations. Whereas I have argued that they are applying an overzealous interpretation of the FCA recommendations. In regard to which I note that according to an FCA enquiry "in some areas, an inaccurate interpretation or overzealous implementation of rules (such as those around data protection or affordability) is preventing firms from meeting the needs of vulnerable customers."

Default Re: GW Financial Solutions

Hi and Welcome to CAGicon

Im not sure why you have started two separate threads on the same issue within a space of 5 mins.

Threads merged...please keep to one thread per issue.

Regards

Andy

They are a fee paying dmpicon
    Dump them do it yourself for free

I bet 90% of your debts are paid to DCAicon's anyway and are totally unenforceable anyway..

A dca is not a bailiff and have
    ZERO legal powers

Sadly you are going to find very little of all the years you've been paying them has actually gone off the debts..

Dx

Basic Account Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Andyorch View Post
    Hi and Welcome to CAGicon

Im not sure why you have started two separate threads on the same issue within a space of 5 mins.

Threads merged...please keep to one thread per issue.

Regards

Andy

Thanks for the welcome. I was getting repeated 'server errors' had to have several several stabs at sending the post. In the end lost track of where I was