Neighbour hell. Both council and police are no help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We've lived next door to them for over 18 years, they have been here since the 70's.

They are an elderly couply, they are not the problem. Their 40 year old son is.

He sells drugs at all hours, his Dad has to answer the door to them.

The son plays loud music, games and shouts.

One time, this was a few weeks ago. My mum was in the bathroom and he said to his friends 'yeah, their grandson lives sleeps in the bath'.

He keeps spying on us in the bathrrom.

When we reported this to the council all they said was 'He's got mental problems, he can't help it'. His mental problems are due to drugs, my nephew has learnign difficulities which he was born with.

He has called my 18 year old nephew(same one mentioned above) a pervert, peado.

Because he plays with his brothers and sisters.

He has now got a camera which we reported today, it's pointing towards the public grass/pathway. We were told we were not allowed to record beyond our garden, not even allowed to record him if he contronts us.

His dad has been to see the council, nothing. Police have been round and had a word with them, again, nothing. My brother refuses to leave the house now, he's too scared.

My mum wants to move but it's hard because I have been bidding since I was 18, I'm now 31 and have gotten no where as I am on low band.

My ESA (or council rent) won't cover the rent until I'm about 35.

I tried to move out in 2012 but couldn't due to the council refusing me rent.

I know it's a lot to take in but can anyone help us?

Hi

Is the Neighbours Property Council/Housing Association, Private Rented or owned out right?

I assume from your post this is either Council or Housing Association property?

Do you have it in writing from the Council that this individual has Mental Health Issues so nothing they can do? (reason I ask this is I see this as a Data Protection Breach as you should never have been informed by the Council that this individual has Mental Health Issues)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

Irrespective whether that individual has a Mental Health Issue what they are doing is Anti Social Behaviour and to use that as an excuse to take no further action is unacceptable.

What you need to start doing is keeping a written log of every single incident and report it to the Councils Anti Social Behaviour Team and the Police (101)

This PDF will be of use:

Incident Log-with form fields -----.pdf

Now what I would also do is write to the Council Title your letter 'Formal Complaint' (this way they need to record and have a record) and explain the issues and mention name the individual that informed you that as this individual has Mental Health issues the Council will take no further action you wish clarification of

a) Why you were ever informed that the individual you complained about has Mental Health Issues is this not a breach of the DPA

b) exactly why are the Council taking no further action due to this Anti Social Behaviour.

c) Your require a copy of the Council Anti Social Behaviour Policy (not the leaflet).

Which Council is this?

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

I failed to mention that for several months my mum has been writing a record of these events and have been sending them to the person on the case.

Also a few days ago my dad rang them and informed her that next door had a a camera aimed at the public path.

Couple of links for you reference the camera which would be classed as CCTV:

Information Commissioners Office link: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/cctv/

Surveillance Camera Commissioner: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property

I would also write and ask if this individual has been granted permission to install these cameras. (whether its Council/ Housing Trust/Housing Association as this is classed as an alteration to the property they should have asked permission)