Lowell Chasing Recent 02 Account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of advice. I am in the process of drafting a complaint to lowell about a 02 refresh bill which I had to default on earlier this year (out of work for a three months).

Lowell are claiming £370.10 owed which when I looked at my 02 bills on 02.co.uk seems wrong. I think this relates to unpaid airtime till the end of the contract.

I read somewhere that charging till the end of a mobile contract which is defaulted is deemed unfair under consumer regulations. Is this true? and if so can anybody point me to the regulations or relevant case law?

Thanks

Andrew

Yes under what ofcom have stated

Pers i'd not bother with letter tennis unless you get a letter of claim

Stop making powerless dca feel important

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dx,

Im currently sitting on this I got there pre legal letter the other day.

Im not particularly worried about it.

If it turns out they are trying to collect the right amount i will offer them 75% F&F just to get rid of it.

My way of thinking is if I complain to them it might just buy me a little time before they proceed to court as I have no way of countering this if they do.

The account was defaulted in April and quickly sold on to lowlifes.

No SB defence applicable.

i have complained about the amount and asked for a breakdown on how they arrived at the figure they allege i owe.

In theory they will have to go back to 02 for this so might just give me a bit of breathing space for a couple of weeks to get the finances together to get this paid off as I dont want a CCJ at this point.

Curiously though this isn't showing up on Noddle or Clearscore

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

dont offer them 75% of it. Theyve very likely paid the oC 10% of the total debt. Why pay it when you dont have to. Especially if its got unlawful charges in it.

If you have their PaP pack, dont reply using it. Theres a link on this site with a pack y ou use to reply with.

And CCJ? CCJ is a LONG way off. If it ever even happens. Theres a bunch of stuff that happens before it goes to a CCJ. Even if they filed a claim tomorrow, it would likely be jan or feb before it goes to court. Possibly later.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

0% Youll ge tmore advice soon. You need to find out why the debt was sold, how much are charges etc.

Get a SAR going to O2

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

yep offer nowt!!

and no more silly letter tennis!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX,

Thats the general idea for now Im not certain I can beat this if and when it goes to court best Ive had so far is there pre legal assessment letter saying nothing much.

Thanks,

Andrew

have read of a few relevant claimform threads

you'll soon get the idea

using our search CAG box of the top redtoolbar use:

Lowell claimform mobile

or claimform mobile

dx

and they

If theyre serious about going to court, youll get a PaP pack with a bunch of stuff to fill in. This gives at least 30 days before they issue a claim, and even then they might not. If you get one of those packs, come here, as they tend to change wording in it from what it should be.

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of advice. I am in the process of drafting a complaint to lowell about a 02 refresh bill which I had to default on earlier this year (out of work for a three months).

Lowell are claiming £370.10 owed which when I looked at my 02 bills on 02.co.uk seems wrong. I think this relates to unpaid airtime till the end of the contract.

I read somewhere that charging till the end of a mobile contract which is defaulted is deemed unfair under consumer regulations. Is this true? and if so can anybody point me to the regulations or relevant case law?

Thanks

Andrew

Its actually clarified and stated in the Unfair Terms in Contracts for Communications and The Consumer Rights Act 2015

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/asse...0/guidance.PDF

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/unfair-t...ses-full-guide

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

be aware they have a considerable amount of time to fulfil the SAR request, so the DCA may take action sooner. Its unlikely they will but it is lowell.

Thanks RenegadeImp I sent off a complaint last night. They emailed back this morning stating account on hold for 4 weeks so hopefully should get SAR back in that timeframe if it turns out I have to pay this off then I should have the finances in place to sort this (got a Gibson Les Paul 67 for sale on eBay)

Why would you entertain paying them anything? If lowell have it then theres something wrong with the debt. And even if they file a claim, it doesnt mean theyre going to win, plus you can go to mediation, and come to an arrangement to pay it off slow or at a low F&F. But all thats a fair way off yet.

I suspect that part of this amount is a handset charge (Samsung Galaxy A5 2017) which I have bank records to prove I paid for the phone when I took the contract if the SAR info states they are claiming for that then I can stop this stone dead the other could be airtime till the end of contract which again I can kill this. I'm just a believer in having a backup plan. Another point being I do not want to risk getting a ccj on my credit record.

I wouldn't ever consider paying an supposed phone bill made of till EOC fees

It wont be the handset either

and they

Thanks DX going to sit on this and see what happens I suspect the amount they are claiming can be countered effectively will know for certain with the SAR Return from O2 since I asked specifically for a breakdown of the amount they claim I owe.

• 2 weeks later...

No...its irrelevant whether its showing on your CRAs or not.....perhaps they simply failed to register a default.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread