Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Sep 2009

Default PCN received from Europark after spending all day in retail park

Hi site team and caggers, long time now speak..
    you'll be pleased to know I've been mostly keeping myself out of trouble.

I've received a PCN from Euro Park for 90 after spending the day shopping with my mum.
    There were no noticeable signs saying that you can only stay for a limited amount of time so we shopped for several hours and then ate there in the evening.
    We spent 4500 in that retail park that day.

They do have photographic evidence saw my registration on the letter.
    I ignoredicon the first letter but they have sent a final warning letter now.
    What should I do?

Follows
    Following

Default Re: PCN received from Europark after spending all day in retail park

Hi. Can you give us the information requested in the forum sticky please? It will help the guys to advise you.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...Parking-Ticket

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

It always seems counter productive to me that stores go along with restricting motorists to a certain time in their car parks especially when they are already struggling against their competitors on the internet.

First thing is not to pay the ticket. Then get on the phone to the Head offices of each company where you spent the lion's share of your purchases and complain. Ask them why you should shop there and be harassed by the crooks that run the car parks when you could stay at home and get everything on line.

Aancel nd threaten them that you will not only complain about your treatment on Facebook, twitter etc but you will cacel your credit card payment, return the goods and get what you want elsewhere.

Follows
    Following

They dont go along with it really. They have little choice as its the landowner, or rather the PPC barking orders.

Take Cheshire Oaks for example. Theres a restriction on time there, but its very easy to exceed it given the size of the place, and the lack of car parking spaces, so you cant drive off to another spot.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

the stores dont get to have a say in this at all, it is the retail park developer that invites these bandits to run amok.

Now get all your receipts together and put them in time order.
    Find out who the developer is and see if they have an office at that retail park.
    get on to them and tell them that you are going to return all of the goods purchased as a point of principle and make it clear via social media why this is.

email copy of receipts to their office and tell them that you expect them to either meet them their with a camera crew in tow or tell the parking bandits to cancel.

Write to all of the store you purchased stuff from and tell them that you are doing this as well unless they all tell the developers to stop allowing the parking bandits from ripping off their customers in this way.

Point out that every store visit is a separate event so there wasnt an actual overstay but merely a number of unlogged separate visits as the Anpr isnt fit for purpose.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : May 2013

Hi Caggers... also long time no speak... I wondered if I could join in and have a moan about parking tickets...

In my case, I'm guilty, though... this happened just 10 minutes ago... I stopped my car on a taxi rank to post a letter...was less than a minute and see he's already taking a pic of my car... I sat in the car whist he finished writing it out, apologising all the while, then he chucked the ticket through my open window and said 'See you in court'
    I just feel so annoyed at the rudeness... he entered the worng make of car, too!

Sorry to gatecrash... I can't find the right place to start a thread.

Kind regards, Dookist.

Start a new threadicon of your own please
    And complete the private parking sticky too
    If this was private or council??

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details