bought a car HPI clear now finance company want car back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can you provide as much info as you can please.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

i saw the car advertised in autotrader

i made arrangements to view,the day

i went to view i spent £20 on an RAC hpi check and it was all clear.

I also tapped the reg plate in to we buy any car just to confirm i was paying the correct price.

I liked the car and wit drew the cash from the bank that day to give to seller.

credit plus gave the rogue seller finance on the vehicle of which he didnt pay any of the repayments and sold it to me afterwards.

the finance was taken out 1 month before i bought it and it was declared stolen 2 moths later by credit plus.

i am refusing to give car to them as i bought in good faith with an HPI check for my own protection. i have a court date january 2019.

they are waiving hudson v shogun finance under my nose but im not convinced its the same type of case

can we see the claimform please minus pers details

also the defence you filed and both witness statements please

ENSURE you redact things properly

one multipage PDF is quite OK

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

It is only considered 'best practice' to list cars with finance outstanding on an HPI/Experian check. There is nothing to make finance companies declare an interest in a vehicle. I know this as i was in a very similar situation and ended up paying for the car again.

This was 2 years after we purchased the car. The dealer had a finance agreement on the vehicle and then went bust. At the time of purchase the vehicle was 'clear' on the Experian check. I think the 'insurance' against the information will not help.

The finance company own the car and will win in court.

The issue that appears to work against you here is the fact that the vehicle was fraudulently sold so soon after the finance had been taken out, with no payments being made. This would indicate that there was an intention to commit this crime from the start (i.e. use the finance as a means to steal the vehicle). This takes the matter into different waters than if the vehicle was being sold further into the life of a HP agreement.

Normally, providing you could demonstrate that you were clearly acting in good faith, you would be able to claim the rights of an innocent purchaser under s27 of the Hire Purchase Act 1964 however in this case the actions of the seller would suggest that good title to the (stolen) goods is unlikely to have passed to you.

The HPI check is a sideshow because it does not make any difference legally to either the buyer or the lender.

My only suggestion is to present your case as best you can in court and see what they decide.

I don't think the last post makes any sense.

The op didn't take finance out, he is the innocent purchaser.

In fact he even diligently paid to check any outstanding finance on the car.

The finance company under the legislation mentioned, should go after the seller who fraudulently sold the vehicle soon after having obtained finance on it.

My money is on the op winning his car.

Anyhow, have you tried to claim through rac insurance?

I don't think the last post makes any sense.

The op didn't take finance out, he is the innocent purchaser.

In fact he even diligently paid to check any outstanding finance on the car.

The finance company under the legislation mentioned, should go after the seller who fraudulently sold the vehicle soon after having obtained finance on it.

My money is on the op winning his car.

Anyhow, have you tried to claim through rac insurance?

Not sure what doesn't make any sense about my post? I never said the OP took finance out, I was talking about the finance that the person (the fraudster) took out immediately prior to selling the vehicle to the OP. Assuming that finance agreement was indeed a fraudulent one then the decision in Hudson v Shogun Finance may well bind the court in this case.

If the vehicle is still on finance, the company will go after the car. Then the person who took it out. If the OP has the car and cant pay the finance off himself, then they can and will take it. Then go after the original owner for the shortfall.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

the op has not ever returned...

8th November 2018 00:43

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I bouight a car from a private add in autotrader .

I carried out an RAC hpi check and there were no issues.

now a finance company (credit plus) claim its theirs and are taking me to court.

The RAC are not interested in the £30k guarantee as they are insisting when i did the HPI check there was nothing showing as far as finance is concerned.

sorry for late reply have been on holiday.

Rac not interested as they say there was no finance on the car when the check was done.

Edited by dx100uk
merge

That's incorrect because the finance had already been taken out a month before if I recollect rightly.

I would insist on RAC to make good, even threatening court and at the same time defend against the finance company as you bought the car clearly not knowing about the finance.

The legislation is quite clear and the must prove that you knew about the finance to take your car.

The small print only covers £1000 in cash. I drew the money out of the bank on that day after viewing car as the rogue wanted cash,should of smelt a rat then but i didnt as felt ok with RAC report that i had done.

That's incorrect because the finance had already been taken out a month before if I recollect rightly.

I would insist on RAC to make good, even threatening court and at the same time defend against the finance company as you bought the car clearly not knowing about the finance.

The legislation is quite clear and the must prove that you knew about the finance to take your car.

Thread flagged to remove uploads

done

one multipage PDF ONLY PLEASE

read UPLOAD

dx

and they

Reasonable Ron is the one here making sense.

The law is not fair and if 2 people have been affected by the same rogue then the loss should be split . Why should I loose out to a piece of common law legislation 30 years ago that obviously needs to be changed. Also any company that sells Hpi checks should be banned from doing so because they are not worth the paper they are written on if a lender is not legally a luges to register it’s interest on the system directly after monies have been lent.

How do I know the rogue was a rogue? He could be real and in on the fraud with credit plus. It all stinks in favour of the bank again!! The lender was Raphael and sons bank who were at the time members of ccta which says in section 5.1 of its code of practice that any of its members should register their interest with the likes of Hpi etc within 24 hours of lending, this is of no use to me as their membership expired in nov 2018 .👍