Payroll Query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So quick question for anybody in the know

I am about to start a new job monthly paid - However I am concerned...

The company do Payroll on the 20th of the month.

With this date up and coming in less than 2 weeks - Would the company do payroll based upon 1st - 31st of the month where applicable and pay it on the 20th during that period (Like where some companies pay you on the 26th / 27th till the 31st for example?)

Or would I only get paid a week if I started next Monday? Slightly worried?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

normally when a companies payroll is run before the end of the month, as mine is, it is for the whole month

ie you get paid for the 1-31 even though the payroll is run on the 20th

I thought as much... Although it does make me wonder though...

I dont want to lose this opportunity but If I cant afford to go in... Well then... Thats a problem...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I guess the only way to be sure is ask them...….

Quite right... I start Monday - Training in my home town - But with them on the Monday after.

I am off to see them tomorrow. - But i fear the worst...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Would they consider an advance on your salary to enable you to get to work, FKO?

HB

Its doubtful... And its a bad thing to ask for when you've just started...

Ill have a look at it tomorrow with them...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

That's pretty unreasonable - did they not offer anything ? I always pay at least 2 weeks by special transfer if someone misses payroll.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

In the end - They werent prepared to do anything... Which i understand completely.

The agency tried to step up and put me on their payroll for 2 months but it can go wrong in so many ways... So...

Ive turned down the company...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

In the end - They werent prepared to do anything... Which i understand completely.

The agency tried to step up and put me on their payroll for 2 months but it can go wrong in so many ways... So...

Ive turned down the company...

This can be a problem with monthly payrolls where the cut-off date may be a couple of weeks before month end. If you miss the cut-off you may not get paid that month and have to wait 'til the following month.

Having said that, I worked in the NHS with sufficiently flexible and sophisticated payroll systems to cater for these situations - late payments for new starters could be actioned quite easily. I presume this company doesn't have that flexible a system?

Is it worth turning the job down because they won't pay you 'til next month? You may have the same issue with future jobs.

But I'm not sure I'd want to work for an employer who couldn't sort this out for me. icon9.png

This can be a problem with monthly payrolls where the cut-off date may be a couple of weeks before month end. If you miss the cut-off you may not get paid that month and have to wait 'til the following month.

Having said that, I worked in the NHS with sufficiently flexible and sophisticated payroll systems to cater for these situations - late payments for new starters could be actioned quite easily. I presume this company doesn't have that flexible a system?

Is it worth turning the job down because they won't pay you 'til next month? You may have the same issue with future jobs.

But I'm not sure I'd want to work for an employer who couldn't sort this out for me. icon9.png

And neither would I - I think behind the scenes - The company werent told by the agency about my concerns.

This is a problem. But its all good. I had a lower paid offer come through today which is more local to me and plus I have also been interviewing in London all day today.

The Lower paid offer is still in the 20s... And I will get paid at the end of November... So a result. :) - Ive accepted it.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis