Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Sep 2009

Default PE ANPR PCN - Overstay - Grand Harbour Hotel, Southampton **CANCELLED BY PE**

I am arguing with parking eyeicon over my stay in a hotel car park back in July.

I paid 5 for up to five hours parking, not knowing that I could have given my registration number to the receptionist and parked for nothing, as I was using hotel facilities.
    I was meeting some colleagues for afternoon tea.
    I stayed for 2 hours 36 minutes.

I got a parking chargeicon Notice telling me I'd overstayed, miraculously found my ticket, and then noted that the machine had only printed 4.50
    - I have no idea why, as I most definitely put in five pound coins, but of course, there's no way of proving this.

I appealed, Parking Eye rejected that,
    I appealed via POPLAicon, having received a lettericon from the hotel to send to them confirming that I had been using hotel facilities and that I was, therefore, entitled to complimentary parking.

The assessor stated that whilst I had provided evidence that I'd been using the hotel, she'd not seen any evidence that I was entitled to park for nothing, but really, that's exactly what the hotel's letter stated!

Unfortunately, a couple of days after receiving this rejection of my appeal, my husband fell seriously ill, and strangely, the PCN moved down my list of priorities.

I got a "Letter before Court Action" from Parking Eye dated 31 October, quoting the Barry Beavis judgement to me, which I have no doubt is to try and terrify me into coughing up without delay, but I really don't want to unless I have absolutely no choice

I've drafted a letter to them, continuing to point out that I was entitled to park for free regardless of how much I did or didn't put into the ticket machine.

What tends to happen with this lot?
    Am I right to continue to argue my case?

The hotel have tried, without success, to persuade them to withdraw the charge.

Thanking you all in advance for any help.

Follows
    Following

Default Re: PE ANPR PCN - Overstay - Grand Harbour Hotel, Southampton - Should I pay?

SO youre saying that the landowners told parking eyeicon to back off and they refused? Id be forming a formal complaint and demand that the landowners ORDER parking eyeicon to back off.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: PE ANPR PCN - Overstay - Grand Harbour Hotel, Southampton - Should I pay?

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

the hotel will not be the land owners.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Dear dx100uk and renegageimp - I will fill out the form as soon as I can. I have just found out that the hotel leases the car park from the local council, who are the landowners.

Back later, and thank you so much.

just copy n paste the Q's and your answers here
    if it council land PPC cant issue speculative invoices..end of

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Ask the council if they have a contract with PE as a FOIicon request.

When you get the answer "NO" you can use this to beat PE about the head when they try their luck with either a proper lbaicon or a court claim.

You have to understand, they arent going to suddenly become reasonable about this just because they are in the wrong.
    They lied to the Supreme Court in the Beavis case but got away with it because his team didnt pick it up soon enough.

The council wont have a contract with PE so they cant refuse the hotel's instructions and that means you were allowed to be there and they actually owe you a fiver.

If the hotel employs PE to look after their car park then PE should do what the hotel tells them! Has the hotel actually contacted PE or just given you a letter to send to them?

Help us to keep on helping
    Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

DX - not even if the Council have leased the land to the hotel? I'm working on posting up the Q&As for you.

no only the land owner can enter into contracts.

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Ell-enn View Post
    If the hotel employs PE to look after their car park then PE should do what the hotel tells them! Has the hotel actually contacted PE or just given you a letter to send to them?
    The hotel told me that they emailed PE yesterday to ask, again, for the charge to be revoked, and got the following response: ‘The motorist paid on the machine for 2 hours, however they stayed on site for 2 hours and 36 minutes. Therefore overstayed.

Just letting you know that this case has gone to POPA and the decision has been made in parkingeyeicon’s favour so we wouldn’t be able to cancel this one if you requested ‘. I should add to this that I actually paid for more than 2 hours, it's just that their dratted machine did not register the full amount I entered, but still issued a ticket.

Basic Account Holder

This is looking reasonably promising, DX!!

Basic Account Holder

I'm hoping my answers to the Q&As will appear just below:

1. Sunday 15th July 2018

2. 18th July 2018

3. 20th July 2018

4. Yes

5. Yes – me entering and leaving, and times

6. Yes and yes

7. parking eyeicon

8. Car park adjoining Grand Harbour Hotel, Southampton

I appealed via POPLAicon, Independent Appeals Process.

No other correspondence other than the “Letter before Court Action” one dated 31 October.

The Hotel have advised me that they lease the land from Southampton City Council, and they have tried, and failed, to get parking eyeicon to withdraw the Charge Notice.

Default Re: PE ANPR PCN - Overstay - Grand Harbour Hotel, Southampton - Should I pay?

thread title updated

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Default Re: PE ANPR PCN - Overstay - Grand Harbour Hotel, Southampton - Should I pay?

you will need to know what the hotel actually did so as for copies of the correspondence . email is the most likely method of them communicating wiht PE so ask for a copy to be forwarded and if they muck you about demand it as a SAR cos it is your personal dataicon.

Look up the list of Directors and try phoning and asking to speak to any of them or at least get an email address. Once you get to the top of the tree they may well decide that they can tell PE what to do after all or risk having to fund your battle with them. An Andrew John Fish is the only current director I can find, company secretary is Ms Kelly Adair.
    Start being awkward, you cnat breach a contract that doesnt exist even if you fed their parking machine out of the pity you hold for PE

Basic Account Holder

I was lucky enough to correspond with someone who appears to be human, ericsbrother, so I'll try her again.

Basic Account Holder

Would it be reasonable to ask parking eyeicon to tell me if they have a contract with the hotel? Or with the local Council?

Basic Account Holder

Grand Harbour won't forward me the email, or at least, the woman I asked tells me she is not authorised to do so.

then ask to speak to either of the 2 people named. Look up their email at ceo email website.
    You may ahve got through to a human but they ignoredicon the crux of your complaint and gave a meaningless answer. Be polite but dont take any nonsense as a last word on the matter.

You dont speak or write to PE, you get the owners to sort out this mess so they know that it will hurt them to continue to allow a bunch of bandits free rein over ther land

Basic Account Holder

Way to go, ericsbrother - I WAS going to send them a "holding" response, just saying that I was seeking further advice, but I'll hold off whilst I bombard Grand Harbour and perhaps Southampton City Council re land ownership and on what basis parking eyeicon operate. Thank you so much for your help so far.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast