Advice - Very/Littlewoods/Shop Direct

sarahl82
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Looking for some advice and guidance please.

I had two accounts littlewoods and very, both had payment protection on them.

I run the accounts fine for years and then got into a bad patch financially and couldn't afford to pay them, it didn't help that I was being paid monthly and the statements were 4 weekly.

Shop Direct sold the debt to Lowell,

I now have a CCJ for the one account.

But they piled on a load of charges and interest before they sold the debt to Lowell, and what was a £2k debt between two accounts is now a £3.7k debt.

Any advice with this?

Or should I just accept it is what it is and continue paying the amount agreed with Lowell.

Thanks in advance

Sarah

you can still recover any improper charges accrued on the account from Littlewoods.

Doesnt matter they sold the debt on

Why didnt you fight the court claim?

Can you easily separate the accounts as far as debt goes as you say you have a CCJ on one of them.

If you dont have all the epaperwork then you need to get a SAR in to the comany to get all of their statements ect so you can see what charges have been added and whether interest has accrued on these charges ( shouldnt have but most companies do this)

the accounts that havent gone in front of a judge that are now owned by Lowells can then be challenged as Lowells will have to refund the charges etc as they bought the liabilities as well as the right to enforce the debt.

As they will have paid about 10p in the £1 for this the getting whacked for repaying the £1700 of charges will outweigh the money that could ever make so might offer to settle for less.

Dont accept that, you dont owe it.

Once you have your unlawful charges refunded you can consider how to pay off the actual debt.

They will wnat to deduct it from the capital but as it wasnt a real debt you are not obliged to accept this offsetting.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing