Lowell CCJ default judgement - cap1 card - missed filing defence - help

deedee1310
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?272699-Help-Filed-CPR-31.14-request-no-response-..-now-what-(3-Viewing)-nbsp&p=5157422#post5157422

How did you get on with this?

I know it's been 7 years but I am curious!

Edited by dx100uk
posts moved link added

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

It probably back fired hence the OP never returned......never make application to force disclosure pre allocation...at a cost of £100/£255 and a risk of costs is it really worth it when the claimant will have to disclose anyway after allocation ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi all.

It's been an absolute age since I last posted a case of my own here!

Not sure if I stand a chance but really need some assistance before I make a set-aside application.

I probably should have come here first when it was all going on but I had a very ill daughter to care for at the time.

Lowell issued a claim allegedly for an old Capital One account in July this year.

I did AOS by post and also requested inspection of docs under CPR 31.14.

I didn't hear anything from them and wrote to them again reminding them of the request.

They finally responded in August after they had obtained judgement in default as I hadn't submitted a defence.

They stated that they hadn't received my requests (Edit) but as guesture of goodwill would seek the information from their client.

It's since come to my attention that I should have submitted an "embarrassed defence"

At the time my daughter was very ill in hospital and I was spending 10 hour days caring for her whilst she was there and then just as long when she was finally allowed home, so this one got away from me.

To date they have sent a copy of a credit agreement from Capital One and some statements but they have not sent my the Notice of Assignment or Default Notice that I requested.

Should I apply for a set-aside based on the fact that they didn't comply with my request?

Any advice would be greatful appreciated. I've erring towards applying for a set-aside but £255 for the application is making my eyes water!

Thanks in advance all.

Edited by dx100uk
Language - andy spacing - dx

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

It probably back fired hence the OP never returned......never make application to force disclosure pre allocation...at a cost of £100/£255 and a risk of costs is it really worth it when the claimant will have to disclose anyway after allocation ?

Andy

Yikes!

I asked for docs under CPR 31.14 but it was ignored and Lowell got default judgement as I didn't put in a defence. I kinda lost track of the claim due to crap stuff happening at the time.

I wonder if I might still be able to get a set-aside? I've asked the question on my thread here:

What do you think?

My threads

You cant set a side because you forgot to submit a defence....dont waste your fee.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks Andy.

I didn't forget, I just didn't realise that I still could submit one despite not having my request complied with. Can I not explain that to the court?

My threads

Not really.....CPR requests have no bearing on court claims whether they respond to it....or not .....its simply used to add leverage to a holding defence and is purely a civil request.

You must always adhere to the court time frame (33 days) irrespective of what you request and never delay submitting that defence.

Andy