style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can I have some advice please?

My daughter, unfortunately has had some laminate flooring fitted yesterday by Pay weekly carpets.

The carpets was supposed to be identical to the laminate upstairs.

My daughter was at work and I went to the house to let them in.

That morning they had tried to cancel saying the wrong laminate had been delivered and would she have another colour, she refused and they suddenly had the 'right' laminate.

The laminate is nothing like the quality that she ordered and is 7mm instead of 8 mm.

She has paid part of the cost so far.

The company are insisting that the laminate they fitted is of the same quality as she ordered, even though the packaging that they left says different.

She is paying for a poorer quality laminate to the one that she ordered.

What are her rights if any?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

not fit for purpose / not as described.

CRA is you friend..

14 days to cancel for no reason at all...full refund

as she couldn't inspect the product until she saw it..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they have clearly gotr the hump because they are going to be out of pocket because of their own error.

Stick to your rights as the item is not as ordered and thus not fit for purpose or of merchantable quality (8mm is 8mm, not 7 regardless of colour match) No phone conversatiosn from now on, only in writing.

if they dont respond within a week sned another letter giving them a time limit to make good their error or the payments made will be reversed. If she paid by cash or standing order she may have to resort to legal action but payment by card or direct debit are reversible. The banks know about this but prefer to play the blame game so dont be fobbed off

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the payment on the day of fitting was cash, I think the initial deposit may have been by card. I'm waiting for her to get back to me.

They have tried ringing her, I told her to message them and tell them that all communication must be in writing. What would be the legal route? The small claims court?

possibly small claims. yes.

but that's for later.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what does she want out of this? presumably the correct floor so you should be single minded about this point and get them to remove the duff floor and replace with correct one. I hope that any payment authority has been cancelled so they cnat collect nay more money. Also she need so have written to them rejecting the incorrect floor and state what she wants instead- correct flooring or refund. I woudl give them the opportunity to make good first but dont put up with time wasting