PPM PCN 4.11AM!! - residential parking space - no permit displayed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Already have post 46

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well, the invoice isnt POFA compliant so no-one owes them any money based on this as they havent created any liability. you need to read ther POFA to see why I say this as it will help you understand that there are procedures tht have to be followed.

In the meanwhile where are the promised pictures of the signage. If you dont gather your ammunition now you may struggle laetr, esp if they add new signs or change the existing ones.

read any post about parivate parking and you wont need to ask. We wnat to see the entrance to the land from the public ghighway whether there is a sign there or not, the signs where you were parked and any sign on the site that is different to that sign.

where do you find the post about POFA? you read the act of parliament by googling POFA 2012, that is in about a thousand posts on here as well. Once you have read it carefully you will spot what I am on about.

If you dont read it and you get taken to court how are you going to presuade anyone else that you are righty if you dont know what is right and what isnt. We can tell you most things in detail but we cant do things for you so you should make yourself nowledgeable abouit such things as they will happen again

Will spend some time over the next couple days reading up on the act, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Will also get the signage for you.

Thanks again.

so parking only permitted for vehicles displaying a permit and parked in a bay.

That menas you are NOT permitted to park and thus committing trespass, which has nothing to do with the parking management co, only the landowner.

Usual IPC "approved by Will and John" garbage.

So to recap, no contract offered to you and the NTK doesnt creat ANY liability whatsoeer, let alone a keeper liability.

When the time comes (and it will as the IPC members belive the guff they are told by their glorious fuhrers) you cfan let them know they are onto a loser but let them waste their time and money in the meanwhile.

I would also bet that one of your neighbors gets paid £20 for each motorist he snares and that is a breach of the GDPR as they will have no authority to process your personal data. If you keep an eye out for someone taking sneaky snaps of cars make a note of where they come from and go to.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Hi

I'm not totally convinced on the GDPR angle if it is another resident taking the pictures. The cars are parked in a public area and the taking of pictures cannot be a breach. Where a grey area comes to me is if that resident passes on those images to the parking company as that 'may' be classed as processing the data. Once in the hands of PPM then I don't believe they have the right to be able to obtain the keeper details.

If, on the other hand, it is a parking attendant who works for the company then the processing doesn't really come into play. What does come into the scenario is that PPM are obtaining the details of the keeper when they have no absolute right to. The land in question is Parking Permit Only and as EB has mentioned, a car parked there can only be a trespass as you cannot breach a non existent term. That would need a finer mind than mine to decipher..

The only good thing about those signs is that they have a full address of PPM on them. The 'charge' should be in a larger print than that shown as it is an important 'condition' of parking even though there can be no 'conditions'.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

who is going to be driving around at 0400hrs taking pix?

bet it was a resident

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

read any post about parivate parking and you wont need to ask. We wnat to see the entrance to the land from the public ghighway whether there is a sign there or not, the signs where you were parked and any sign on the site that is different to that sign.

where do you find the post about POFA? you read the act of parliament by googling POFA 2012, that is in about a thousand posts on here as well. Once you have read it carefully you will spot what I am on about.

If you dont read it and you get taken to court how are you going to presuade anyone else that you are righty if you dont know what is right and what isnt. We can tell you most things in detail but we cant do things for you so you should make yourself nowledgeable abouit such things as they will happen again

So, ive read through the act and if i'm completely honest it doesn't make a whole lot of sense but my end analysis is that they haven't used the correct legal terminology or writing/wording on any correspondence be it letters/signage etc. More importantly the fact remains because they don't own the land or have permission from the land owner they have no legal right to charge or issue a charge and are therefore trespassing on said space while issuing the charge.

please tell me if im on the right lines or couldn't be further. I genuinely want to know what I can do to ensure im equipped with the right knowledge, im assuming these peanuts will chase me to court expecting me not to be prepared.

thanks again for all your help

got it!!

and they

good, the act is clear on ther phrasing of the NTK and if they get it wrong no liability whatsoever exists.

Now signage and assignment of rights to a third party are more complicated issues but reading things carefully so you understand what is actually sai rather then scanning over the wording and making assumptions about what is meant is the way to go.

a simple example is permit holders only.

that menas that no offer to park is made to anyone else so there cant be a breach of contract because there isnt an offer of terms on the table.

Simply that only permit holders may park and everyone else is prohibited.

The parking co's read this as allowing them to demand £100 because you dont have a permit.

They are wrong and always lose at court when the difference is pointed out.

Now the POFA states that trespass can still be considered in a contract but the intention is that a motorist doesnt park in say a supermarket car park and then claim they werent invited there and must be treated as a trespasser rather than be bound by the terms offered by the parking bandits.- Wrong. With a permit scheme no-one else is invited to enter the land so without a contract that offers genuine terms for parking it is trespass an therefore nowt to do with the parking co or their stupid signs.

If you do get taken to court the lawyers who represent the parking co usually use a templtae clai ad don tsay why the money is actually owed, whether it is as a result of a breach of contract, what that breach was or whether you have agreed to pay them as part of the conditions of parking, like on most of the PE signs for overstaying a free period.

Most parking co's dont bother with planning permission because they are either too lazy to do so or they believe that it isnt a matter that people will raise as a defence and when it is they just lie to the judges and hope no-one has looked it up properly. well, on the Parking pranksters blogspot there is a lnk to a well written piece by a retired lawyer about this so take ther time to read it if planning is going to be an argument

Edited by dx100uk
space/spell

• 1 month later...

Hi.

Well I certainly wouldn't be ringing them. If you've read other threads here, then the £160 will sound very familiar, it's the normal invented amount. Please wait for the forum regulars to comment, but I would say you don't need to do anything at this stage, certainly not in a hurry. They're hinting at court but not actually saying they 'will' do anything.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Just because they have passed this over to their 'legal team' means nothing. The only time to respond is if a Letter Before Action/Claim arrives.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Its just another ThreatOgram, time to act is if they issue a LBA, at which point an acidic letter denigrating Wil & John and their failings in evidence will be a good response, ericsbrother is great with wording such things.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!