PPM PCN 4.11AM!! - residential parking space - no permit displayed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Understood, is that the next step from here or do they send several letters like the one above first?

How long is a piece of string? In other words, they 'could' send a few more letters or they could go for an LBA straight away. I don't think anybody has ever worked out what goes on the minds of these companies.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

BWL are the parking world's second worst solicitors and seem to just copy whatever Gladstones say or do. That is probably what they did to get their exam passes.

This is just another threatogram and designed to provide some excuse for adding the unicorn food tax to the bill. Any decent solicitor will know that this isnt legal and could result in their client losing a claim under the rules of mitigating losses and damages

• 2 weeks later...

time for the insulting/snotty letter reply

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

lots here its only 2-3 lines

see ericbrothers posts

and they

and they

Iv drafted this, could you confirm its adequate please.

'To whom it may concern, 

No contract was entered into for several reasons and in any case your clients haven't complied withe their ATA code of practice nor have they offered any contract to break so they/you will lose this non existent claim and incur costs under CPR 27.14.2(g) .

Furthermore, I expect only a letter responding confirming that this matter is resolved, anything other than that will result in a counter claim for expenses of my time and the cost of any further legal advice I may seek.'

Anything else that could be added would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

Apologies for double posting, was wondering if the above was ok to send and covered all relevant parts needed?

Thanks in advance,

RJ

not rude enough and you are aksing for further correspondence. You should not be doing that.

A simple "your clients have no contract with me and they know it and being the parking worlds second most experienced lawyers on getting their clients to pay for unreasonable costs orders when they make unwarranted civil claims you should advise them that you will be seeking such a costs order under CPR 27.14.2(g) when they lose another unjustified hopeless claim"

never threaten a counter claim, if you want to sue them for breach of the data protection law then you start a separate action, preferable after beating off their claim as they will know that they are bound to lose that as it is proven they had no cause to process your data.

thanks Erisbrother, ill pop that off in the post today

Whats the typical step(s) they take after receiving such a letter? or is that another 'how longs a piece of string' scenario

usually they go quiet or issue a court claim. If the latter then you ahve evidence that you did engage with them but showed that you thought their claim frivolous and thus invite any judge to consider the same and award you a Brucie bonus on the expenses front for their unreasonable behaviour.

They know this and quite often issue a claim knowing full weel they will drop it when it gets to an actual court hearing. they like to think that you will wet yourself when you get the N1 summons and will pay up. the claim itself is normallly short on detail or accuracy and will be challenged later on but they risk that against a quick settlement possibility because they dont want to spend proper money doing it nicely.

i recently got threatened by a lawyer for sending their client a lba. and what exactly do they think that will achieve as they can only claim vex if they defeat the claim, they have no cause for complaint if they lose and they will. can you imagine asking a judge for an injunction to prevent me from forcing them to obey the law when they are already in contempt of court? They will do things that are not proper jsut to try and make their clients look good but they know it is all puff pastry and no filling

If all goes well, the advice given here has saved me at least £60 so only right I can make a contribution. More so, I'm bound to find myself in a predicament again in the future and need further help 🙄

If you could post the link when you find that'd be great.

I wish everyone though like you RJ..

some don't even bother to update their threads after weeks/sometimes months of help.

let alone donate!!

and they

I'm cut from the old cloth as my dad always says. Id be 60-100 notes deep and angry for paying a fine that I know I shouldn't have incurred but due to the help from this forum and its members I'm confident its not going to cost me anything.

Fair is fair :)

Its not a fine...

and they

we get twitcy about this as the parking co's like to think that you dont know the difference and some how yu must owe them money because they say so. Now as they often make court claims for the wrong thing ( usually dotn even bother to say why they are suing) and they cnat tell the difference between a breach of contract and monies owed as a contractual condition it is wise to get used to using the correct term.

Do you remember the plane crash at Kegworth back in the 1980's? that happned because  the port wing engine failed on a 737 and when returning to land the pilot asked the co-pilot ot turn the engine off and said to ake sure he turned off the right engine. the co-pilot them switched off the STARBOARD engine because he confused right( ie correct) with right hand side. result was loss of power to palne and it landed on the motorway embankment yards short of the runway at EM airport.

Nothing so fatal can happen here but use the wrong temrinology and the parking co will think you are uninformed enough to fall for any old bull they feed you