Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2018

Default Re: PPM PCN 4.11AM!! - residential parking space - no permit displayed

haha sorry sorry! I meant is it worth paying the speculative invoice or respond saying see you in court or just not respond?

is it worth contacting a lawyer to see whether they would take the case should it end in court? apologies for what may seem stupid questions but this really isn't my area of expertise and I'm fully stuck in limbo

you need to get reading up RJ
    you've not read ONE other private parking thread here at all
    unless you've done it whilst not logged in...

then you'd have the answers to all the above q's and you wouldn't call it a fine, and that's not funny either..but you are not alone as amost of the media call them fines..a private PPC cannot fine you for breaking some imaginary contract you didnt even know you'd entered into.

no you don't need a lawyer

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

apologies, I appreciate there are many other threads, unfortunately I have a pretty relentless job which doesnt allow me alot of free time hence why I dont post until the next day on most occasions. I will read up on a few over the next couple days.

I do fully appreciate each and everyone once of all of your replies, apologies if my 'haha' came across as a joke. I did read the parking pranksters win against PPM. is there any particular threads I should read?

thanks again

well its not in court and very few residential ones end that way.

its not any one specific thread
    just any or more here
    its general things in many / all of them
    but granted..time can be precious for people like yourselves.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

So, reading through a couple of other similar threads i notice you guys often mention NTK (notice to keeper) is this some sort of summons of some sort like a final demand to pay this 'invoice' or they will go to court.

I appealed before knowing any of this and come to this forum, they have rejected my appeal so I'm guessing i should now sit tight and wait for the NTK if it ever arrives. I also waiting for my landlady to send/read the lease. i am checking my tenancy agreement to see my rights in regards to the car space but i guess that is probably irrelevant its the lease that holds supremacy?

no NTK is nothing to do with court impending or otherwise...
    it s purely a process they must go thru, but yes in some instances your response sort of makes it irrelevant though that's down to its wording, but they will send one I bet.

then it might bounce around to powerless debt collectionicon agencies [A DCA] who are TOTALLY powerless on all 'debts' they are NOT BAILIFFS and have ZERO legal powers.

in all truth the only letters you ever need to sit up and tell us about are a 'letter of/before claim' from one of the many fake/tame paper only solicitors
    or
    a claimformicon from northants bulkicon court.

and if those happen in this case it could be quite fun, as its not even been established who took the photos so the NTK with the photo evidence [if they send them] could be a giggle.

we have know other patrons of the same residential area to be paid to go around taking photos and emailing them to the PPC and they pop off and place a speculative invoice on your windscreen.

IMHO you have little to worry over here..

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thanks again, ill keep an eye out for any further correspondence and sit tight. I wont reply to their appeal rejection letter either.

Ill post pictures of signage tomorrow, ill also take photos of the entrance and my car space etc for reference.

yea one multipage PDFicon please
    read uploadicon.

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jan 2016

If you read a bit of the first forum sticky "PPC Successes" you'll see that these conmen have been beaten on many occasions, thanks to advice from the forum and determination of the motorist to not just give in.

Residential parking cases similar to yours will be most useful.

These fleecers work on the assumption that most people will be frightened by the threat of legal action and just pay up (and sadly that is the case) but in reality if you fight back it is usually quite easy to win.

in regard of NTK.

You must read more on the subject, esp the Protection of Freedond Act 2012 so you understand what is supposed to happen. As you appealed the screen ticket you wont get an NTK as they dont need to send one as you jumped in feet first at the very beginning so they knwo who the driver was.

Anywaqy with a residential situation it is always going to be that the keeper is the driver when your car is parked in your space.

Follows
    Following

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details