Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2018

Default Lowell solicitors vanquis card debt - pre action letter response wrong default dates

Hi all. Brief background to my delimma;

Opened up a vanquis account back in mid 2013, kept on top of it for a few years until I went through an extremely difficult time, they increased my credit limit to £2000 around the same time and I blew the lot and stopped paying because I didn’t care about anything.

It was then sold to Lowell’s solicitors I ignored the first letters until I received the pre action protocol letter.

I responded to that asking them to prove it.

Today they replied stating they were waiting for response from creditor and my account is on hold in meantime. Total debt is £2396.

But I also noticed some of the information on this letter is wrong.
    The last payment date and the amount is incorrect and also the default date.

I checked through my bank statements and they’re a month out with the payment date. They have my last payment as November for £70 odd, but my last transaction was in the October for £30 odd. Then the default is recorded in May the following year.

I’m wondering if it’s worth letting it go to court if they seem to have wrong information. Would be really grateful for any information or advice anyone has. Many thanks.

Follows
    Following

Default Re: Lowell solicitors vanquis card debt - pre action letter response wrong default dates

Don't tell them anything. Wait for the response from the request you sent first. You can use everything else against them

Default Re: Lowell solicitors vanquis card debt - pre action letter response wrong default dates

Did you send a CCA Requesticon with your pap response?

Basic Account Holder

Yes I did, but I didn’t send the £1 postal order along with it which I didn’t realise I was supposed to until reading the link.

Basic Account Holder

They also received my response two weeks ago today, I received their response today.

then send a new one

thread retitled and moved to the provi forum.

Basic Account Holder

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    Did you send a CCA Requesticon with your pap response?
    Yes I did, but I didnít send the £1 postal order as I didnít realise I was supposed to until reading the link in comment.

Basic Account Holder

then send a new one

thread retitled and moved to the provi forum.
    Ok thanks. Should I wait until they respond or send it now?

Default Re: Lowell solicitors vanquis card debt - pre action letter response wrong default dates

per s i'd send a new one

Basic Account Holder

Default Re: Lowell solicitors vanquis card debt - pre action letter response wrong default dates

Ok am I correct in thinking that once Iíve sent the CCA the proper and true way, if they donít provide this within 12 days itís unenforceable!?

12+2 working days and its unenforceable until they provide a compliant response. However, post 2007 agreements, its hit and miss as it will be up to a judge to decide. Generally its accepted that non compliance means unenforceable though.

Basic Account Holder

Thanks, just one more question before I fire the CCA Requesticon off, the 30 days they gave me to reply before court is now up, so does it matter that the formal way of asking for my CCA is past this?

Nope. But if you asked for it, they should hold off any futher action. The 30 days is a guide basically. It can be extended if you asked for paperwork etc, but cant be extended indefinitley as theyre well aware people would abuse it.

Basic Account Holder

Hi, I’ve not heard anything back from Lowell , but then I still haven’t sent off the official CCA Requesticon , I decided I’d wait to see what they come back with. However I checked my credit report today and it’s shows Lowell as a closed account. Does this mean they can not find the correct paperwork so can’t be bothered anymore or is it because they’ve put my account on hold?? Thanks in advance.

Lowells cant mark it closed as such
    Let it run

Basic Account Holder

Thanks will do, interested to hear what they come back with..

Basic Account Holder

Received letter from Lowell’s today stating vanquis are compiling a response; I’m guessing this means they have the information?

with no CCA they aint going nowhere
    never heard of that type of letter
    so must mean they are preparing to shutup and run away.

dx

Basic Account Holder

with no CCA they aint going nowhere
    never heard of that type of letter
    so must mean they are preparing to shutup and run away.

dx
    Oh really! That would make my Christmas fingers crossed

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details