PCN 01 - Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys,

I just received a parking notice,

the observation time is 10:19 to 10:27.

I went and saw the same cars which were parked right next to me, and they didn't receive a parking ticket, but I did?

I'm not sure how this has happened, it was a single yellow line, with no time restriction sign anywhere.

Please help.

Thank you in advance,

if there is more information required from please let me know

Cheers.

Hope you aren't having a bad day as myself.

I looked around, and there was no signs, or lamp posts.

But I may have possibly missed one if there was one behind a van or something but as far as I am aware there wasn't any.

Your link to the location takes me to the side of a road junction, and points straight at the lamppost with the yellow sign on.

Was this sign missing when you parked there? And what is the contravention code/description on the PCN?

as goggleyes shows a plate take a picture of the same lamppost without the plate and you are home and dry. Now if there is another lamppost with the same restriction plate on the same stretch of single yellow then the restriction is valid even if the plate is 200 yds away

I see a plate outside 50 Luckington rd and one outside 78 so you need to check whether all 3 have disappeared.

There was no sign there. I checked. And as for the description where would that be?

Where would what be? I don't know if you see what I see when I click the link, but it takes me to a photo which points almost exactly at the sign.

Ericsbrother says if if you take a picture of the same lamppost without the sign you are home and dry. That isn't quite the case - if you could prove there was no sign when the PCN was issued it would strengthen your case, but as mentioned, there could be another on the same stretch of line, further up. You would need to check.

Chances are, the Council has a relevant photo, so if you ask for a copy you can see what sign (if any) they think applies.

I did point out that further signs were visible on the same stretch of line but some distance away and that they still count so OP should check. Sometimes they disappear due to vandalism and sometime because there is/was a change of the prescribed hours and they havent got round to putting up the new signs.

Based on the evidence of Go Ogle i would be either looking for a new Traffic Order or just pay up rather than use the OP's current argument