Parcel2Go Left parcel by door which has disappeared.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all and thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

I am a business seller on ebay and instructed UPS (via P2G) to deliver a £240 pair of speakers to one of my customers based in the UK. It was fully insured and tracked but did not require a signature.

On the scheduled delivery day I received a message from the buyer saying they had returned from work to find a card through the door which said that the parcel had been left on their doorstep but no parcel was there. The on-line tracking confirmed delivery to their doorstep. I did not specify that their doorstep would be a safe place so i'm rather surprised they just left it here, especially as the area crime rate is 2 the national average for theft! I advised my customer to look all around the house, in bins and to check with neighbours but to no avail, it just wasn't there.

I have made a claim with them but it has been rejected, they just say it was delivered to a "safe place" as per their T&C's and are washing their hands of it although they have offered to pay the cost of carriage as a "gesture of goodwill"

I am just wondering if there are grounds for me to bring a case in the small claims. I don't see how a doorstep can be described as a safe place especially when I haven't specified a safe place. I have looked on Google maps at the delivery address and it's a small terraced house with a small front yard which fronts onto a busy road...not exactly hidden from view or protected from the elements for that matter.

Any help or advise gratefully received

Regards

Chris

, There is a basis for you bring a small claim. Read up on this site about the steps for starting a small claim in the County Court. It is very easy and for the kind of value you're talking about it is cheap and risk-free. On the basis of what you say your chances of success are better than 90%. The courier company will probably ignore you or disregard what you say until you issue the court papers. Once they issue the court papers then they will bluster and eventually the likelihood is (90%) that they will put their hands up rather than go to court. You will get your money plus your court fees.

Begin by sending them a letter before claim giving them 14 days. Set out the basic facts of your complaint in the letter. Make sure that it is clear to them that after 14 days you will issue proceedings and without any further notice. We will help you all the way of course.

If you send a letter of claim then don't bluff. Only send the letter if you intend to start the claim on the exact moment that your deadline expires. If you bluff then you will lose credibility. Make no mistake, better than 90% you will have to start the claim