Attachment Of Earnings Order On The Wrong Person

swisstoni
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

When I got my payslip for October, there was an Attachment Order on it which took a significant amount of money from my wage.

I knew nothing about this attachment order prior to receiving my payslip.

I spoke to our payroll provider who told me it was put on by the County Magistrates.

The payroll eventually provided me with the paperwork sent to them by the court.

This appertains to a person with the same name, D.O.B and had my N.I. number and payroll number on it

- the only thing that didn't match was the address which is in a town some 20 miles away that I have never had any association with.

I have spoken to the Court in question, who are currently looking into it although they were very sure they had the right person.

The court say the attachment order letter was sent to the address in question and was returned as 'not know at this address'.

I have been told the matter is for a court case in 2017 which was for 'Failure to Comply With an Environmental Order'.

This is something I have definitely not been involved in.

I'm being made to feel like I have to prove my own innocence but am struggling at how I can do that as they seem to have all my details.

EIther somebody has been completely brazen and gone to court pretending to be me or somewhere in the court system, there has been an enormous clerical error...

I'm going to consult a Solicitor on Monday morning to discuss my options as this is definately nothing to do with me and because of this, I have been unable to meet my monthly financial obligations.

Does anybody have any ideas where I can go with this??

I'm at my wits end...

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

THE VIEWS POSTED BY MYSELF ARE STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

IF IN DOUBT, CONTACT A QUALIFIED LEGAL EXPERT

SWISSTONI

Before consulting a 100 pound per hour solicitor I would do the following

First thing I would do is get the police involved. Report it as identity theft. Don't expect them to come around to you with blue lights flashing nowadays but at least getting a crime reference number will help your case here. Having the police involved will make everyone move a lot quicker.

Have you looked on your credit file to see if this judgement appears on there. It's now free to register with Noddle and Experian.

Then ring National insurance, speak to them about this, find out what they have on your record.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

UPDATE - It seems it is a massive error by the court although how the hell they've done this remains to be seen.

I've just received a letter revoking the order after their enquiries revealed they'd put the attachment on the wrong person.

Do you think it would be wise to speak to a solicitor?

I'm out of pocket because of this....

Edited by dx100uk
swearword

THE VIEWS POSTED BY MYSELF ARE STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

SWISSTONI

Tell your payroll to refund the money...show them the letter....its theft from your salary and you want it refunded.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

I would recommend making a Formal Complaint to the Court that made this error: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-courts-and-tribunals-service/about/complaints-procedure

Have you also checked your Credit File as per post#2 to see if any markers on there about this?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Have you also checked your Credit File as per post#2 to see if any markers on there about this?

Yes, there is nothing showing on my credit file

SWISSTONI