How to update name on National Insurance Online Record?a

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Name on my NI Card, is not in full as on my Passport I was given the NI card with a short version of my name. Anyway I've have applied for a job, where I need to show my NI card (which are no longer produced) or NI Record, which I believe is no online, can I go online to the HRMC site register and update my NI record, so my name is now in full as per my Passport?

Its not a name change, but update to my full name as on Passport

Name on National Insurance card does not have full name, as on my Passport. Anyway I've have applied for a job, where I need to show my NI card (which are no longer produced) or Online NI Record, which I believe is no online, can I go online to the HRMC site register and update my NI record, so my name is now in full as per my Passport?

Its not a name change, but update to my full name as on Passport

Nats Ins Card I have from the start did not have my full name, it omitted my family title prefix , which I never use anyway and just had my 2nd name and surname. I now need to update my name (its never changed since birth) on my online HMRC Personal Online Account which I opened a few days ago, so it matches exactly like my full name on my Passport because I am applying for jobs and they want the Nats Ins name to match my passport and driving licence name.

The only link I have found online is this one here https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/shortforms/form/PAYENICoC?dept-name=PAYENI&sub-dept-name=COC&location=44&origin=http://www.hmrc.gov.uk

On the above link under

Change of name

Please complete the relevant sections below with your new details

It asks for

Date of change of name (Its never changed since birth) just that when the Nats Ins Card was made years ago, it never had my full name -> So what do i put here, since birth?

Reason for change of name: (Do I put to match Passport Name?)

Thanks

If you can provide orig Nat Ins No (which is unique to an individual on issue), there should be no problem, Employer though may request evidence of any subs Legal name change eg by Deed Poll/marriage.