ASG the rip-off cowboys

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ASG installed a boiler in 2014. Had a few problems and ASG staff 'talked us through' on the phone fixing them ourselves while we pay for 'unlimited call outs, repair etc...

The boiler stopped working all together a year ago. An engineer came and replaced a part. ASG demanded that we have a power flush carried out (at our expense) as apparently the fault was because of debris...We had to do this or ASG said the warranty would be void. A power flush does not need to be done more than, at most, every 5 years.

This year, the boiler stopped again just after the yearly service (!?). A Viessmann engineer came, replaced the same part as last year because of so-called debris. We then received an invoice for £232 for the repair! ASG indicates that the repair and call-out is not part of the warranty.

ASG has now sent us a recorded delivery 'final demand'. They will not answer my emails requesting justifications for the bill. The Agreement states quite clearly that ASG is responsible for the maintenance of the boiler including all repairs and replacement parts.

I managed to talk to someone on the phone who just kept on repeating, you have our final demand. I inquired about why the filter does not catch the debris and was told that the cleaning of the filter (which they fitted at time of installation) is not part of the service!!

ASG are rude, customer service is non-existent. They install, take your money every month for 14 years (!) and completely wash their hands off the terms of the Agreement. They're in this game to make money on the back of people like us who are trapped in an Agreement. Terminating the Agreement would cost us £4000!

It's a complete rip-off, their advertising of 'peace of mind' is a con.

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Hi and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to a more appropriate forum were you should get a better response.....please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Where on earth do you get the idea that terminating the agreement will cost you £4000?

You have been lied to for a number of years and this is just another one of that series. have a look at the contract and if it is an unfair one you are not obliged to be held to any part of it. If they are collecting the money by DD then just inform the bank that it is to be terminated with immediate effect.

These companies get away with so much because people dont just tell them where to go at the first problem, basically it is an insurance contract so they will be governed by an ombudsman whether they like it or not. They will deny this but that doesn't change the law.

So get things rolling and make them worry instead of you

Edited by Andyorch
typos

Thanks ericsbrother. It is quite clear in the Agreement that if you wish to terminate it before the end, you must pay all outstanding monies which 'decrease' every 4 years!! The monthly DD payment is a combination of payment for the boiler and installation and the service agreement (call-outs, repairs, yearly service). It is astronomical when you think you'll be paying between £50 and £100 per month for 14 years! They tried to take the £232 bill from our direct debit so I cancelled it and am paying the normal amount manually each month so they can't say I'm in breach of contract.

so how much was the boiler? It seems as though this should be regulated by a credit agreement so have you a copy of that? If they havent doen this and arent licenced credit brokers or lenders then you dont owe them a penny and never did. £15k for a 2 grand boiler is a lot to pay for an insurance contract ( something else that is regulated so see if they have done that properly).

basically why are you wanting to pay them anything without actually knowing what it is you are paying for.